tied at 28: UNC vs. Boston College

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
boilerjohn94

Re: tied at 28: UNC vs. Boston College

Postby boilerjohn94 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:34 pm

romothesavior wrote:Boiler, feel free to PM me if you want to discuss the admissions process. I charge a low, flat rate for consultations.

Kidding... Feel free to PM me.

Thanks! Right now I am gathering information and studying for the LSAT, but as things progress I may look you up.

goawaybee

Postby goawaybee » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:39 pm

you want in state at NC yr 2 hit me up. you can live in my shed. bahahaha no for real I employ you, you get license, you are Legend. so on and so forth. Play the game. go with your gut. if all else fails decide on how many months of winter you would like to suffer through and COL numbers. It really does come down to New England vs. Carolinas(southern VA as well maybe) game. Bulk of 31 yrs spent in NY/MA/PA and 4-5 yrs of my life in the south. I am staying in the south. different strokes for different lemurs.

Jedi it up....

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:23 pm

goawaybee wrote:you want in state at NC yr 2 hit me up. you can live in my shed. bahahaha no for real I employ you, you get license, you are Legend. so on and so forth. Play the game. go with your gut. if all else fails decide on how many months of winter you would like to suffer through and COL numbers. It really does come down to New England vs. Carolinas(southern VA as well maybe) game. Bulk of 31 yrs spent in NY/MA/PA and 4-5 yrs of my life in the south. I am staying in the south. different strokes for different lemurs.

Jedi it up....

OP I am confident there is a nugget of sound advice somewhere in that incomprehensible morass.

goawaybee

Postby goawaybee » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 pm

rad law wrote:OP I am confident there is a nugget of sound advice somewhere in that incomprehensible morass.

sorry Rad, OP and all. I have an issue with this cyber communication thing always assuming everyone is in my head with me. Basic takeaway from previous post. If you want UNC and you want in state tuition there are always people willing to help out and make that an undeniable reality. The good old interweb is a useful tool.

Thank you for the subtle reminder about my oft times (93.5% of the time) incomprehensible shit spewing. There is content sometimes and it is usually coming from a positive place.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:14 pm

--ImageRemoved--

BEST ADVICE EVAR!!!!

Center2450

Postby Center2450 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:35 pm

thanks for the info, opinions.

I am honestly more interested in school specific things in terms of faculty, style, politics, etc. (all other things equal: tuition, col).

Any specific experiences or opinions in general?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Center2450 wrote:I am honestly more interested in school specific things in terms of faculty, style, politics, etc. (all other things equal: tuition, col).

Doesn't matter. Choose whether you want to work in NC or Boston/NE and you have your decision.

And don't pay sticker.

Center2450

Postby Center2450 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:21 am

thanks for the blunt answer. i get your opinion/advice. but i was just seeing if there was any other information out there. im not going to follow your advice either way because I am going to one of them and going to pay sticker. you and i are obviously very different folks.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:31 am

Center2450 wrote:thanks for the blunt answer. i get your opinion/advice. but i was just seeing if there was any other information out there. im not going to follow your advice either way because I am going to one of them and going to pay sticker. you and i are obviously very different folks.

Decide for between either NC (to a lesser extent the south) or MA (to a lesser extent the northeast), just like the first reply to the thread said.

If you're fine paying sticker then pay sticker. But these two areas have very different atmospheres, I highly doubt that they are both equal to anyone.

goawaybee

Postby goawaybee » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:05 am

bk1 wrote:
Decide for between either NC (to a lesser extent the south) or MA (to a lesser extent the northeast), just like the first reply to the thread said.

If you're fine paying sticker then pay sticker. But these two areas have very different atmospheres, I highly doubt that they are both equal to anyone.

Drives the point home. IMO that is a great way to phrase it. Two completely different environments, I don't feel either is drastically better in the big picture location wise, just fits better for certain people at certain times of their life...All the surrounding areas that could be pursued for work are very comparable to those areas as well on very basic QOL/COL level.

Not a fun call to make. I am very anti NE after living up that way most of my life but I would not want to have to pull this trigger.

Small Law

Postby Small Law » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:13 am

These two arent even close. There are hardly any UNC grads working in Vault 100 firms, while their are hundreds of BC grads. You can even broaden the scope to compare the schools at the AMLaw firms (or NLJ250). If your goal is name recognition, prestige and job placement, go to BC.

If you want more attractive undergraduate girls, go to UNC. That and basketball is aout all it has going for it. Who wants to live in the middle of nowhere in the south for three years, possibly the rest of your life?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:23 am

Small Law wrote:If you want more attractive undergraduate girls, go to UNC. That and basketball is aout all it has going for it. Who wants to live in the middle of nowhere in the south for three years, possibly the rest of your life?

NC isn't exactly the middle of nowhere. Charlotte? Research triangle?

You're a fucking idiot.

RonArtest

Postby RonArtest » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:38 am

Small Law wrote:These two arent even close. There are hardly any UNC grads working in Vault 100 firms, while their are hundreds of BC grads. You can even broaden the scope to compare the schools at the AMLaw firms (or NLJ250). If your goal is name recognition, prestige and job placement, go to BC.

If you want more attractive undergraduate girls, go to UNC. That and basketball is aout all it has going for it. Who wants to live in the middle of nowhere in the south for three years, possibly the rest of your life?

Wrong about all of the south being "middle of nowhere," right about more attractive undergraduate girls.

fenway

Postby fenway » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:50 am

RonArtest wrote:
Small Law wrote:These two arent even close. There are hardly any UNC grads working in Vault 100 firms, while their are hundreds of BC grads. You can even broaden the scope to compare the schools at the AMLaw firms (or NLJ250). If your goal is name recognition, prestige and job placement, go to BC.

Wrong about all of the south being "middle of nowhere," right about more attractive undergraduate girls.

visited both schools, I'd say even the latter is contentious

tram988

Postby tram988 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:56 am

fenway wrote:
RonArtest wrote:

visited both schools, I'd say even the latter is contentious

The latter is contentious. Do a google search for bc magazine girl.

Edit: http://www.google.com/m/search?site=ima ... ege%20girl

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:20 pm

rad law wrote:
Small Law wrote:If you want more attractive undergraduate girls, go to UNC. That and basketball is aout all it has going for it. Who wants to live in the middle of nowhere in the south for three years, possibly the rest of your life?

You're a fucking idiot.

As much as I personally dislike the South, Rad Law is right. Epic is headquartered in NC, ergo it is not the middle of nowhere.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:04 pm

bk1 wrote:
rad law wrote:

You're a fucking idiot.

As much as I personally dislike the South, Rad Law is right. Epic is headquartered in NC, ergo it is not the middle of nowhere.

This sounds like the stem to an LSAT question.

What must be assumed if bk1's conclusion is true?

(a) If Radlaw is wrong, then Epic is in the middle of nowhere
(b) If Epic is in not the middle of nowhere, then it is not headquartered in NC
(c) If a person dislikes the south, then they must dislike Radlaw
(d) Epic cannot be headquarted in the middle of nowhere
(e) Small law is an idiot

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:06 pm

romothesavior wrote:
bk1 wrote:
rad law wrote:

You're a fucking idiot.

This sounds like the stem to an LSAT question.

What must be assumed if bk1's conclusion is true?

(a) If Radlaw is wrong, then Epic is in the middle of nowhere
(b) If Epic is in not the middle of nowhere, then it is not headquartered in NC
(c) If a person dislikes the south, then they must dislike Radlaw
(d) Epic cannot be headquarted in the middle of nowhere
(e) Small law is an idiot

I'm down to D and E. It's so hard to only pick one. Damn you LSAT.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”