Settling for T4 school then trasferring.. Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Diamond

Re: Settling for T4 school then trasferring..

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Fuck these haters, follow your dreams.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Never choose a law school under the impression that you will transfer out to a higher ranked school.

/thread.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Save yourself the 3 years of hassle and killself now.

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:09 pm

vcole wrote:My major was philosophy which if you dint know is considered one of the most if not the most difficult major for undergrad and for sure the best major for law school prep as considered by admission reps.
Philosophy is a major where you decide there is no such thing as reality and then you go to lunch.

The fact that you consider philosophy to be extremely difficult sounds like trouble for law school altogether. You should really rethink some of your plans and ideas how you will be able to transfer out of T4.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:11 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
vcole wrote:My major was philosophy which if you dint know is considered one of the most if not the most difficult major for undergrad and for sure the best major for law school prep as considered by admission reps.
Philosophy is a major where you decide there is no such thing as reality and then you go to lunch.

The fact that you consider philosophy to be extremely difficult sounds like trouble for law school altogether. You should really rethink some of your plans and ideas how you will be able to transfer out of T4.
Blatant anti-philosophy going out to lunch trolling.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cinefile 17

Bronze

Post by cinefile 17 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Okay, I usually never call FLAME but this
vcole wrote:I do NOT plan on settling for a GPA lower than a 3.9 in law school;
+this
vcole wrote:I said that it was my goal and i usually get what I want.
+this
= DEFINITELY A FLAME

At least for the OLs sake I pray it is

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Actually, I have been corrected.
--ImageRemoved--

bestusernameever

New

Post by bestusernameever » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:32 pm

Def a flame. No serious person would ask for advice supporting a decision to go to a T4 law school on toplawschools.com

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:36 pm

bestusernameever wrote:Def a flame. No serious person would ask for advice supporting a decision to go to a T4 law school on toplawschools.com
Um... you would be surprised.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:37 pm

bestusernameever wrote:Def a flame. No serious person would ask for advice supporting a decision to go to a T4 law school on toplawschools.com
--ImageRemoved--

vandalvideo

Bronze

Post by vandalvideo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:37 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:

You had a TTT philosophy professor. When class was over the class would just imbibe alcohol out front of the school.

vcole

New

Post by vcole » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 pm

thanks and no thanks everyone... i nevr said i didnt get in to other schools, i actually got in some t1 schools, however none of tehm are giving me money, and my reasoning was o attend a t4 with help do well transfer out and attend a t1 that i will not mind paying the 60K+ annually. I cannot get any loans (inetrnational student) and I am paying all out of pocket. The T1 schools I got into are not my 1st choices. To my defense those of you who dont think ohiloophy is hard have never really applied/understood philosophy it is a lot easier to claim that something uncomprehensible is fluffy garbage than it is to actually attempt to understand it. i dont want to get into an aruemnt about philo but I do know for certain that philos. majors are regarded as one of teh best major for law shcool alongwith history and english since tehy allmake you read extensively and write analytically which is more or less your 1L.

My LSATs were lower than what I expeceted and by the time I took them it was either sacrifice my studying for classes to study some more for the LSAT with an unuarentedd possibly same score, OR stick with what I have and rock the rest of my app which is what I did.
And to all the haters/doubters out if you dont set the bar high you'll never achieve anything in life. And whether you believe it or not or think its flmae or w.e, i aways DO manage to get what I want.

webbylu87

Silver

Post by webbylu87 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:51 pm

I love this thread.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Fuck these haters, follow your dreams.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:53 pm

I am a philosophy major. It is easy.

Interesting? Worthwhile? Fun? Beneficial for a pre-law student? Yes to all of the above. But difficult? No chance.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:54 pm

vcole wrote:thanks and no thanks everyone... i nevr said i didnt get in to other schools, i actually got in some t1 schools, however none of tehm are giving me money, and my reasoning was o attend a t4 with help do well transfer out and attend a t1 that i will not mind paying the 60K+ annually. I cannot get any loans (inetrnational student) and I am paying all out of pocket. The T1 schools I got into are not my 1st choices. To my defense those of you who dont think ohiloophy is hard have never really applied/understood philosophy it is a lot easier to claim that something uncomprehensible is fluffy garbage than it is to actually attempt to understand it. i dont want to get into an aruemnt about philo but I do know for certain that philos. majors are regarded as one of teh best major for law shcool alongwith history and english since tehy allmake you read extensively and write analytically which is more or less your 1L.

My LSATs were lower than what I expeceted and by the time I took them it was either sacrifice my studying for classes to study some more for the LSAT with an unuarentedd possibly same score, OR stick with what I have and rock the rest of my app which is what I did.
And to all the haters/doubters out if you dont set the bar high you'll never achieve anything in life. And whether you believe it or not or think its flmae or w.e, i aways DO manage to get what I want.
Except for getting into your first choice T1 schools.

vandalvideo

Bronze

Post by vandalvideo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 pm

vcole wrote:thanks and no thanks everyone... i nevr said i didnt get in to other schools, i actually got in some t1 schools, however none of tehm are giving me money, and my reasoning was o attend a t4 with help do well transfer out and attend a t1 that i will not mind paying the 60K+ annually. I cannot get any loans (inetrnational student) and I am paying all out of pocket. The T1 schools I got into are not my 1st choices. To my defense those of you who dont think ohiloophy is hard have never really applied/understood philosophy it is a lot easier to claim that something uncomprehensible is fluffy garbage than it is to actually attempt to understand it. i dont want to get into an aruemnt about philo but I do know for certain that philos. majors are regarded as one of teh best major for law shcool alongwith history and english since tehy allmake you read extensively and write analytically which is more or less your 1L.

Why so serious? If you want to go to a T4, do eet. Keep in mind, you have a 90% chance of failing to get a grade good enough to transfer up. And even if you do transfer up, your chances for scholarship are even less than they would have been through regular admission. So if money is your concern, this path is even more self destructive. You really have three options here; wait a cycle and retake the LSAT, go into debt at a T1, or drink heavily and try to get a job with a philosophy BS.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:56 pm

vandalvideo wrote: Why so serious? If you want to go to a T4, do eet. Keep in mind, you have a 90% chance of failing to get a grade good enough to transfer up. And even if you do transfer up, your chances for scholarship are even less than they would have been through regular admission. So if money is your concern, this path is even more self destructive. You really have three options here; wait a cycle and retake the LSAT, go into debt at a T1, or drink heavily and try to get a job with a philosophy BS.
Ummm... isn't killself always an option?

atlantalaw

Bronze

Post by atlantalaw » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:56 pm

i think this is a great idea. shoot for the stars, op. even if you miss, gravity with screw you over and you'll land with your limbs broken in a helpless heap.

let me get this straight. philosophy is a great major because it makes you write extensively, yet you make so many typos that some of your post is incomprehensible. i have no idea what "unuarentedd" means. i have a high tolerance for typos since this is a message board, but at least make the words semi-cognizable.

vandalvideo

Bronze

Post by vandalvideo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:57 pm

romothesavior wrote:
vandalvideo wrote: Why so serious? If you want to go to a T4, do eet. Keep in mind, you have a 90% chance of failing to get a grade good enough to transfer up. And even if you do transfer up, your chances for scholarship are even less than they would have been through regular admission. So if money is your concern, this path is even more self destructive. You really have three options here; wait a cycle and retake the LSAT, go into debt at a T1, or drink heavily and try to get a job with a philosophy BS.
I figured a philosophy major would take too long struggling with the metaphysical question of whether the noose is real or not.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:57 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Jacksonville does have some decently high bridges you could jump off.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Even though the odds of you being real are lower than your odds of transferring out of your festering TTTT, I would like to point out that this was your question:
Am I making a smart decision?
Don't get mad at us when we respond with a resounding "no."

PKSebben

Silver

Post by PKSebben » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:00 pm

you have a 90% chance of failing to get a grade good enough to transfer up
Not accurate. You are assuming everyone has an equal chance at good grades going in, but I take your point. There is a significant amount of subjectivity in grading law school exams, and I wouldn't bet on getting a certain GPA.

Also, OP, if you DO always manage to get what you want, explain the LSAT score.

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Jean Baudrillard would be be interested in this thread.

vandalvideo

Bronze

Post by vandalvideo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:05 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:Jean Baudrillard would be be interested in this thread.
Wow, that was a really high brow reference. Did not expect.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”