Settling for T4 school then trasferring.. Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Grizz

Diamond

Re: Settling for T4 school then trasferring..

Post by Grizz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:07 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Ummm... isn't killself always an option?
--ImageRemoved--

cinefile 17

Bronze

Post by cinefile 17 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 pm

People are actually trying to be helpful (except for the killself suggestions). If you didn't want to know the answer, you shouldn't have asked. Do whatever you want, the decision you make doesn't effect us. Good luck.
Last edited by cinefile 17 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vcole

New

Post by vcole » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:09 pm

atlantalaw wrote:i think this is a great idea. shoot for the stars, op. even if you miss, gravity with screw you over and you'll land with your limbs broken in a helpless heap.

let me get this straight. philosophy is a great major because it makes you write extensively, yet you make so many typos that some of your post is incomprehensible. i have no idea what "unuarentedd" means. i have a high tolerance for typos since this is a message board, but at least make the words semi-cognizable.

I can't disagree with you on that. However, my inability to type quickly and correctly has nothing to do with my writing abilities.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:11 pm

cinefile 17 wrote:People are actually trying to be helpful (except for the killself suggestions).
I'm trying to be helpful.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:11 pm

vcole wrote:
atlantalaw wrote:i think this is a great idea. shoot for the stars, op. even if you miss, gravity with screw you over and you'll land with your limbs broken in a helpless heap.

let me get this straight. philosophy is a great major because it makes you write extensively, yet you make so many typos that some of your post is incomprehensible. i have no idea what "unuarentedd" means. i have a high tolerance for typos since this is a message board, but at least make the words semi-cognizable.

I can't disagree with you on that. However, my inability to type quickly and correctly has nothing to do with my writing abilities.
You write like a blind, blitzed desert fox.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:12 pm

OP, you had me at "I applies late to over ten different law schools".

<3

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:12 pm

OP, killself recommendations aside...

You asked our opinion. Are you making a terrible decision? Yes. Your odds of transferring out are very low, and your odds of transferring to a school worth going to at sticker (see: top 20, maybe?) are almost zilch. You should NEVER go to a school you wouldn't feel comfortable graduating from because transferring is a very difficult thing to do. Every single one of your classmates is thinking to himself/herself, "I will do well and get a job." You know how many of your classmates will? Not many.

What are your other options? What are the T1s you mentioned?

DerrickRose

Silver

Post by DerrickRose » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Awesome flame. I want to know who it is, you have to be a TLS regular to make a flame this good.

OP, out thyself!

Azmatt

Bronze

Post by Azmatt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:19 pm

vcole wrote:thanks and no thanks everyone... i nevr said i didnt get in to other schools, i actually got in some t1 schools, however none of tehm are giving me money, and my reasoning was o attend a t4 with help do well transfer out and attend a t1 that i will not mind paying the 60K+ annually. I cannot get any loans (inetrnational student) and I am paying all out of pocket. The T1 schools I got into are not my 1st choices. To my defense those of you who dont think ohiloophy is hard have never really applied/understood philosophy it is a lot easier to claim that something uncomprehensible is fluffy garbage than it is to actually attempt to understand it. i dont want to get into an aruemnt about philo but I do know for certain that philos. majors are regarded as one of teh best major for law shcool alongwith history and english since tehy allmake you read extensively and write analytically which is more or less your 1L.

My LSATs were lower than what I expeceted and by the time I took them it was either sacrifice my studying for classes to study some more for the LSAT with an unuarentedd possibly same score, OR stick with what I have and rock the rest of my app which is what I did.
And to all the haters/doubters out if you dont set the bar high you'll never achieve anything in life. And whether you believe it or not or think its flmae or w.e, i aways DO manage to get what I want.

Never stop posting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:21 pm

vandalvideo wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:Jean Baudrillard would be be interested in this thread.
Wow, that was a really high brow reference. Did not expect.
I'm happy someone appreciated that.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
vandalvideo wrote:
Not gonna lie, had to look on Wikipedia.

vcole

New

Post by vcole » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:OP, killself recommendations aside...

You asked our opinion. Are you making a terrible decision? Yes. Your odds of transferring out are very low, and your odds of transferring to a school worth going to at sticker (see: top 20, maybe?) are almost zilch. You should NEVER go to a school you wouldn't feel comfortable graduating from because transferring is a very difficult thing to do. Every single one of your classmates is thinking to himself/herself, "I will do well and get a job." You know how many of your classmates will? Not many.

depaul and brooklyn law both schools in big cities with high cost living which I cannot afford. Again, I AM PAYING FOR SCHOOL IN CASH, which means NO LOANS, NO DEBT, AND NO EXTRA MONEY. SOOO, an extra 10K or more a year makes a really big difference when it is coming out of my pocket in about two months versus over a period of 10+ years in monthly pmts.

Again, I am an international student which means I NEED to be in school in order to LEGALLY stay in this country so taking time off is NOT an option...

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:26 pm

vcole wrote:
romothesavior wrote:OP, killself recommendations aside...

depaul and brooklyn law both schools in big cities with high cost living which I cannot afford. Again, I AM PAYING FOR SCHOOL IN CASH, which means NO LOANS, NO DEBT, AND NO EXTRA MONEY. SOOO, an extra 10K or more a year makes a really big difference when it is coming out of my pocket in about two months versus over a period of 10+ years in monthly pmts.

Again, I am an international student which means I NEED to be in school in order to LEGALLY stay in this country so taking time off is NOT an option...
If you're willing to drop out if/when you don't get the grades to transfer to somewhere decent, go to Coastal.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:27 pm

rad law wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:
vandalvideo wrote:
Simulacra and Simulation is the applicable article

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:28 pm

rad law wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:
vandalvideo wrote:
Fuck the French!

vcole

New

Post by vcole » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:29 pm

DerrickRose wrote:Awesome flame. I want to know who it is, you have to be a TLS regular to make a flame this good.

OP, out thyself!
First time posting actually... and i have taken into considerations your comments everyone and am actually opting out of attending coastal although my intentions to transfer still hold.
To the "transferring out is impossible" people: on my OP i stated that i applied very very late because of personal circumstances (sent in all my apps mid May) which is mostly why my T1 options were basically out of the question. Had I applied earlier I am sure I wouldve been accepted to some T1s and T2s because I am not just an LSAT or GPA score.
Therefore, I need to look at my options now and plan for the future. I need to finalize my decision which is basically between Coastal and now RWU Law which is offerring me even more money, by tomorrow.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:30 pm

vcole wrote:
poster right above wrote:What are your other options? What are the T1s you mentioned?

depaul and brooklyn law both schools in big cities with high cost living which I cannot afford.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

vandalvideo

Bronze

Post by vandalvideo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:31 pm

vcole wrote:

Good sir, Depaul and Brooklyn aren't T1.
Last edited by vandalvideo on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:32 pm

vcole wrote:
DerrickRose wrote:Awesome flame. I want to know who it is, you have to be a TLS regular to make a flame this good.

OP, out thyself!
First time posting actually... and i have taken into considerations your comments everyone and am actually opting out of attending coastal although my intentions to transfer still hold.
To the "transferring out is impossible" people: on my OP i stated that i applied very very late because of personal circumstances (sent in all my apps mid May) which is mostly why my T1 options were basically out of the question. Had I applied earlier I am sure I wouldve been accepted to some T1s and T2s because I am not just an LSAT or GPA score.
Therefore, I need to look at my options now and plan for the future. I need to finalize my decision which is basically between Coastal and now RWU Law which is offerring me even more money, by tomorrow.
You are just an LSAT and GPA. We all are.

What are your numbers?

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:32 pm

vandalvideo wrote:
vcole wrote:

Oh honey, Depaul and Brooklyn aren't T1.
Vandal, remember what I said about Baudrillard? There is no use in convincing him.

vcole

New

Post by vcole » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:34 pm

romothesavior wrote:
vcole wrote:

OP, out thyself!

What are your numbers?
3.5 and 148

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vcole

New

Post by vcole » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:36 pm

you guys are all really funny, truly. never expected my post to get so much publicity....
btw I am a she

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:38 pm

vcole wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
vcole wrote:

OP, out thyself!

What are your numbers?
3.5 and 148
What does the French bitch say about this?

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
vcole wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
vcole wrote: First time posting actually... and i have taken into considerations your comments everyone and am actually opting out of attending coastal although my intentions to transfer still hold.

What are your numbers?
3.5 and 148
What does the French bitch say about this?
Merde.

vcole

New

Post by vcole » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:40 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
vandalvideo wrote:
vcole wrote:

Oh honey, Depaul and Brooklyn aren't T1.
sorry then T2 both pretty good schools regardless, which was my point

Vandal, remember what I said about Baudrillard? There is no use in convincing him.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”