W&L (full scholly) v. CCN (sticker) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

I Know I'm An Idiot, But . . .

CCN (sticker)
85%
W&L (full scholly)
15%

Total votes: 104

vanwinkle

Platinum

Re: W&L (full scholly) v. CCN (sticker)

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:11 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:I go to a W&L-ish school and am a huge advocate of sacrificing rankings prestige to lower your debt-load. That said, the difference here is just too big. Even if it was Cornell or GULC vs. W&L I'd be inclined to tell you to take the money, but the biglaw, clerkship and especially academia opportunities you'll see from CCN just won't be open to you coming out of W&L.

Suck it up and take out the loans, and congrats on getting into a great law school.
TITCR. CCN will give you huge opportunities you'll never have at a school like W&L, including opportunities that will help you pay off your debts. If you end up going PI, IBR will help with those debts anyway. You can do so much more with CCN, this is really a no-brainer.

people want what

New

Post by people want what » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Thank you so much everyone! I'm going with my gut, which is CCN. Hopefully my spot (and $$$) at W&L goes to some other TLSer!!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:23 pm

people want what wrote:Thank you so much everyone! I'm going with my gut, which is CCN. Hopefully my spot (and $$$) at W&L goes to some other TLSer!!
Good decision and good luck.

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Fenris wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:Eh. To quote my uncle "Anything more than 50 miles away from a coast isn't civilization." Go to CCN, enjoy civilization and bust your ass.

EDIT: If the C is Chicago and not Columbia, I'm willing to count a great lake as a coast for the sake of argument.
Cleveland is civilization?....
50+ miles -> ~Civ does not equal Sub 50 miles->Civilization

Classic Necessary/Sufficient mix up :-P

Besides, Lebron hasn't brought them a National Championship yet. The LA Lakers and Boston Celts have double digit championships. Hmm...

/end useless side note

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:59 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:I go to a W&L-ish school and am a huge advocate of sacrificing rankings prestige to lower your debt-load. That said, the difference here is just too big. Even if it was Cornell or GULC vs. W&L I'd be inclined to tell you to take the money, but the biglaw, clerkship and especially academia opportunities you'll see from CCN just won't be open to you coming out of W&L.

Suck it up and take out the loans, and congrats on getting into a great law school.
This, exactly

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”