Cardozo versus Brooklyn Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which School?

Cardozo
74%
Brooklyn
26%

Total votes: 23

James Bond

Gold

Cardozo versus Brooklyn

Post by James Bond » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:20 am

So there are a number of schools that I really don't know how one would chose between. Just for the hell of it, either with no money from either or full rides from either, which one would you pick and why?

nyknyygiants

New

Re: Cardozo versus Brooklyn

Post by nyknyygiants » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:49 am

Its a real tough decision. I was left with the choice of Cardozo (1/2 scholarship) or Brooklyn (full scholarship). Besides the money, I choose Brooklyn because I personally liked the housing options and the environment it created. When it came to job placement the statistics seemed pretty identical. To me I liked the fact that Brooklyn students seemed to live around the area (the school subsidizes housing) and were always around campus, while Cardozo seemed more like a commuter school. However, both are great schools and I really don't think you can make a wrong decision.

sophistry

Bronze

Post by sophistry » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:29 pm

By the vagueness of the question, I'm guessing you took the LSAT yesterday? :)

I'd choose the school that gave the most $$ with the least restrictions. In fact, I myself chose BLS primarily for this reason. The two schools are effectively the same. Though I would guess that if you are Jewish that Cardozo could offer opportunities that BLS could not. Personally, I probably would not go to either without a scholarship, but my family funds are especially low and I'm very debt averse.

Visit the schools and see what you think. It's going to be a highly personal choice if you receive equal $$. Nyknyygiants makes a good point (plug) regarding BLS's housing and its effect on the students' sense of community.

If you WERE a June taker, I'd just chill for a bit. Even after you get your score, you won't know what the schools will offer you until sometime between November-February. If you're like me, scholarships and location will be the deciding factors when choosing between sub T-30's.

nol607

Bronze

Post by nol607 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:39 pm

edit
Last edited by nol607 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sophistry

Bronze

Post by sophistry » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:51 pm

nol607 wrote:This respectful pattern of dealings with applicants seems the very antithesis of the Brooklyn mentality.
Let the BLS vs. Cardozo war begin!!1!

Actually, I've found everyone at BLS to be very friendly and responsive. That is, except for their admissions receptionist. She needs to jump off a bridge. She alone has probably caused more potential BLS students to bail than anything else. She's awful, just awful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”