Miami vs Brooklyn vs Seton Hall w/$

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which school should I choose?

Miami at sticker
Brooklyn at sticker
Seton Hall with 25k
Total votes: 8

Miami vs Brooklyn vs Seton Hall w/$

Postby cchemi01 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:39 am

I'm running up against deposit deadlines and I'm still not 100% sure which school to go with. My decision is down to Miami and Brooklyn at sticker price, or Seton Hall with a scholarship for 25k a year so long as I remain in the top 50% of my class. I'm most interested in studying either international law or sport and entertainment law, but I probably won't know for sure til I actually get to school and start taking classes. I live in New Jersey and living at home would be an option if need be, although I'm eager to move out on my own. I guess my big debate is whether to pick a school with better programs for the area of law that I'm interested in studying (Miami, Brooklyn), or go with the less expensive choice that's closer to home. I know a lot of people on TLS seem to bash Seton Hall because they seem to argue its not worth the sticker price. However, given my decision it is actually the most economic choice and I wonder if its my best bet. Any help/info/input/advice is greatly appreciated!

Re: Miami vs Brooklyn vs Seton Hall w/$

Postby bk1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:50 am

Is retaking/reapplying an option?

Postby A'nold » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:54 am

Wait.....I was thinking that Seton Hall was 25k overall. Per year you should DEFINITELY go there, geesh.

Postby Grizz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:11 am

Intl. law is likely a pipe dream from these schools.

I recommend not going to any of the above and retaking/reapplying. These schools are located in incredibly saturated markets and aren't the top schools in their market. As a rule of thumb, this raises flags.

Seton Hall would cost the least, but it has a terrible reputation. Cozen O'Connor across the street won't even send someone across the street to collect resumes, that's how little prestige it has.

I beg you to retake.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”