Best Tier 2 Law school for Corporate Law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
thinkbig

Re: Best Tier 2 Law school for Corporate Law

Postby thinkbig » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:36 pm

nealric wrote:
I hate when people say this.

I say again and again because a lot of people need to hear it. Sorry if it bothers you.

No prob bro... I think you're right that a lot of people need to hear it. In my case it was bad advice.

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:39 pm

thinkbig wrote:
I hate when people say this.

Oh right, less than you'll hate graduating from a school you're not happy with? Or graduating without a job? Or looking back and realizing you flaked on an exam, the difficulty of which is dwarfed by the difficulty of law school + years of paying off debt? :shock: I'm being a dick, lol, I'm sorry. It sucks to hear but I wish every day I had studied harder and retaken. It's just a bitter pill. You know?

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:41 pm

megaTTTron wrote:being a dick, lol, I'm sorry. It sucks to hear but I wish every day I had studied harder and retaken. It's just a bitter pill. You know?

First hand.

creamedcats

Postby creamedcats » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:52 pm

jeremydc wrote:LOL, the less people around me, the better.

Uh, are you saying this because you hate people or because you don't want to compete with them? Case has slightly more than 200 in each class, btw.

The correct answer is OSU/Case. Case is obviously one of the best T2 schools (former T1) but don't go there without money, it's very expensive. OSU is T1 and places slightly better anywhere in Ohio that isn't Cleveland.

Numbers?

I retook the LSAT, it didn't move me up much, but it probably bagged me an additional 15k in scholarship money. Worth it? Yes. But my retake didn't involve waiting a year.

jeremydc

Re: Best Tier 2 Law school for Corporate Lawyer

Postby jeremydc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:58 pm

Nothing about competition. I just need a good environment around me. My first two years of undergrad was horrible (2.6) because I was surrounded by a lot of peers. I got into a lot of fights, drama with girls, and just had a horrible environment. my last 2 years of undergrad (deans list), I stopped hanging out with the wrong crowd, isolated myself from the crowds and doing really good now.

It seems the more people (girls especially) around me, the more I get into trouble. I stopped the immature games and need to stay on the straight and narrow. Large schools = a better chance of my screwing up. Its a personal preference to stay away from that crap.

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:24 pm

thinkbig wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:being a dick, lol, I'm sorry. It sucks to hear but I wish every day I had studied harder and retaken. It's just a bitter pill. You know?

First hand.

Second Hand:

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:51 pm

jeremydc wrote:Nothing about competition. I just need a good environment around me. My first two years of undergrad was horrible (2.6) because I was surrounded by a lot of peers. I got into a lot of fights, drama with girls, and just had a horrible environment. my last 2 years of undergrad (deans list), I stopped hanging out with the wrong crowd, isolated myself from the crowds and doing really good now.

It seems the more people (girls especially) around me, the more I get into trouble. I stopped the immature games and need to stay on the straight and narrow. Large schools = a better chance of my screwing up. Its a personal preference to stay away from that crap.

Cincy has a VERY small law school class.

But seriously, if you don't think you're mature enough to handle being around people, you aren't mature enough for law school. Get a job and look into school again when you grow up.

creamedcats

Postby creamedcats » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:59 pm

jeremydc wrote:Nothing about competition. I just need a good environment around me. My first two years of undergrad was horrible (2.6) because I was surrounded by a lot of peers. I got into a lot of fights, drama with girls, and just had a horrible environment. my last 2 years of undergrad (deans list), I stopped hanging out with the wrong crowd, isolated myself from the crowds and doing really good now.

Alright. Well, I think you can isolate yourself wherever you go, but if it makes you feel better, Case has one of the most skewed Guy to Girl ratios in the country. Mostly guys. The law school is also majority male but not hugely so. If that doesn't work for you, U of Cinci has very small class sizes. And I think the guy above me is right, you need to be able to handle people, law is people-intensive.

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:00 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
thinkbig wrote:

First hand.

Second Hand:

HAHAHAHA nice, thsanks.

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:05 pm

thinkbig wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:
thinkbig wrote:

First hand.

Second Hand:

HAHAHAHA nice, thsanks.

love you, thinkbig.

EDIT: edited to eliminate the inadvertent Sex and The City reference.
Last edited by megaTTTron on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:06 pm

keg411 wrote: if you don't think you're mature enough to handle being around people, you aren't mature enough for law school. Get a job and look into school again when you grow up.

TITCR

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Most Tier 2 schools suck at this- but 'Dozo and Brooklyn might be your best bets.

Also OP, obviously I don't know your situation in college fully- but maybe you're the one who needs to change- not your environment...
Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:09 pm

What exactly do we mean by Tier 2? What is the cutoff?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:10 pm

The general answer to the question in this thread is:

-The cheapest school
-With a decent reputation
-In the market you want to practice
-That isn't over-saturated

Specifically to your case, there are some decent law schools in Ohio and some decent markets as well. Do you have a connection to the state? That would help a lot too.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:17 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Most Tier 2 schools suck at this- but 'Dozo and Brooklyn might be your best bets.

Also OP, obviously I don't know your situation in college fully- but maybe you're the one who needs to change- not your environment...

In what universe is Dozo or BLS anyones best shot for anything... Other than unemployment that is..

StrictlyLiable

Postby StrictlyLiable » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:53 am

keg411 wrote:

Cincy has a VERY small law school class.

But seriously, if you don't think you're mature enough to handle being around people, you aren't mature enough for law school. Get a job and look into school again when you grow up.

+1

Return to “Choosing a Law School”