Appying to law school

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
stintez

Appying to law school

Postby stintez » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:12 am

If you plan on retaking can you still apply to law school with the first score and tell them you are also retaking? I am just unsure how that works.

cardinalandgold

Re: Appying to law school

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:14 am

You can still apply but I believe many law schools will hold your app until after they receive your new score.

Bert

Postby Bert » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:20 am

cardinalandgold wrote:You can still apply but I believe many law schools will hold your app until after they receive your new score.

Yes. Depending on the school, they will either request your LSDAS Report be sent without your new score (with the new score to follow once reported) or they will request that your LSDAS Report be sent only when the new score is reported. In any event, unless your old score was good enough to get you in, they will not make a decision on your file until they receive your new score.

stintez

Postby stintez » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:23 am

Bert wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:You can still apply but I believe many law schools will hold your app until after they receive your new score.

Yes. Depending on the school, they will either request your LSDAS Report be sent without your new score (with the new score to follow once reported) or they will request that your LSDAS Report be sent only when the new score is reported. In any event, unless your old score was good enough to get you in, they will not make a decision on your file until they receive your new score.

What if the 1st score was good enough to get you in but your trying to get in with $$$?

Bert

Postby Bert » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:24 am

stintez wrote:What if the 1st school was good enough to get you in but your trying to get in with $$$?

Don't know the answer to that one.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”