Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby Always Credited » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:37 pm

sc24evr wrote:sucks to be me I guess, starting JMLS in the fall. I'm looking forward to it though, even with the reputation.


fuck.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby Grizz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:43 pm

sc24evr wrote:sucks to be me I guess, starting JMLS in the fall. I'm looking forward to it though, even with the reputation.


Retake?

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby trialjunky » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:02 am

sc24evr wrote:sucks to be me I guess, starting JMLS in the fall. I'm looking forward to it though, even with the reputation.



/self??

User avatar
g-children
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby g-children » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:37 am

rad law wrote:What did you decide?


Decided to retake. And reapply next year. Didnt realize how much law schools give scholarships when you apply super early with decent or better numbers. Taking the LSAT in Oct and started studying like crazy. Retaking Testmasters course last time I took it was when I was in college 2 years ago, dont remember anything + I took the one month course and rushed everything and didnt take the actual LSAT until 2 years later.

I hope the schedule will force me to study harder, I am very determined and hope it all works out way better this time. Thanks guys for all the advice, i was very conflicted. But you are all right, not worth it.

sc24evr wrote:sucks to be me I guess, starting JMLS in the fall. I'm looking forward to it though, even with the reputation.


Cant be that bad, just not for me, so much more to gain with retaking and trying again for next year, versus, going to a school that I feel would be a waste for me. Just try to do very well, stay focused and you should be ok, I hope!

Good Luck anyway!!!
Last edited by g-children on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby miamiman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:40 am

g-children wrote:Decided to retake. And reapply next year. Didnt realize how much law schools give scholarships when you apply super early with decent or better numbers. Taking the LSAT in Oct and started studying like crazy. Retaking Testmasters course last time I took it was when I was in college 2 years ago, dont remember anything + I took the one month course and rushed everything and didnt take the actual LSAT until 2 years later.

I hope the schedule will force me to study harder, I am very determined and hope it all works out way better this time. Thanks guys for all the advice, i was very conflicted. But you are all right, not worth it.


omg. tls saved someone?

User avatar
g-children
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby g-children » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:42 am

miamiman wrote: omg. tls saved someone?


They sure did! lol

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby miamiman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:43 am

g-children wrote:
miamiman wrote: omg. tls saved someone?


They sure did! lol


this is a fantastic decision. i'm glad you came around. either of those schools are career-ending choices.

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby trialjunky » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:53 am

miamiman wrote:
g-children wrote:Decided to retake. And reapply next year. Didnt realize how much law schools give scholarships when you apply super early with decent or better numbers. Taking the LSAT in Oct and started studying like crazy. Retaking Testmasters course last time I took it was when I was in college 2 years ago, dont remember anything + I took the one month course and rushed everything and didnt take the actual LSAT until 2 years later.

I hope the schedule will force me to study harder, I am very determined and hope it all works out way better this time. Thanks guys for all the advice, i was very conflicted. But you are all right, not worth it.


omg. tls saved someone?


This is like a first!

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby jennylynn » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:10 pm

g-children wrote:
miamiman wrote: omg. tls saved someone?


They sure did! lol

Aim for GSU. I'm sure that you can bump up your score enough to get in there if you study like you intend to. It's a good school, and it's in Atlanta like you want. Good luck! :)

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby Grizz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 pm

jennylynn wrote:
g-children wrote:
miamiman wrote: omg. tls saved someone?


They sure did! lol

Aim for GSU. I'm sure that you can bump up your score enough to get in there if you study like you intend to. It's a good school, and it's in Atlanta like you want. Good luck! :)


I don't know where your house is, but hell, UGA would be great if you can snag it.

Total Litigator
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby Total Litigator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:57 pm

sc24evr wrote:sucks to be me I guess, starting JMLS in the fall. I'm looking forward to it though, even with the reputation.


As I was reading through these posts this I thought it was the OP talking and my heart literally sank. I felt so bad for his family.... You read a few posts and you start to like the OP, you know how it goes.

Anyway, I was very happy when I figured out that the OP had actually decided not to go to Mercer, and to retake and reapply. You made the right choice OP!

As for sc24ever... best of luck to you....

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby jennylynn » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:03 pm

rad law wrote:
jennylynn wrote:
g-children wrote:
miamiman wrote: omg. tls saved someone?


They sure did! lol

Aim for GSU. I'm sure that you can bump up your score enough to get in there if you study like you intend to. It's a good school, and it's in Atlanta like you want. Good luck! :)


I don't know where your house is, but hell, UGA would be great if you can snag it.

Credited. I was thinking in terms of close to the actual city and a bit easier to achieve, LSAT wise. But UGA is definitely a step up if you can swing it. :)

User avatar
g-children
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby g-children » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:53 pm

miamiman wrote: this is a fantastic decision. i'm glad you came around. either of those schools are career-ending choices.


Thank You

trialjunky wrote: This is like a first!

:lol: :D

jennylynn wrote: Aim for GSU. I'm sure that you can bump up your score enough to get in there if you study like you intend to. It's a good school, and it's in Atlanta like you want. Good luck! :)


I would apply to GSU and if I can get in, sure. But I attended GSU for undergrad and really dont like it there, UGA is soo like my dream school right now! lol


rad law wrote: I don't know where your house is, but hell, UGA would be great if you can snag it.


I dont know if you are familiar with the Atlanta area, but I live in Lawrenceville. I would prefer commuting to UGA because eventhough its a lil farther, I would be driving against traffic, so would be much easier than commuting downtown. Because I was waitlisted at UGA, I do feel like there might be a chance for me to get accepted if I do a lil better on the LSAT and apply early enough :lol:


Total Litigator wrote:
You read a few posts and you start to like the OP, you know how it goes.

Anyway, I was very happy when I figured out that the OP had actually decided not to go to Mercer, and to retake and reapply. You made the right choice OP!

As for sc24ever... best of luck to you....


Awww, thanks. I really did feel like everyone was genuinely being honest and giving the best advice that they would give to someone they knew. I can honestly tell you that if I hadnt posted on here, I WOULD HAVE GONE TO JOHN MARSHALL FOR SURE! So thanks TLS.



:!:

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby jennylynn » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:52 pm

I'm from Lawrenceville area. :) That drive to Athens wouldn't be bad at all. About an hour, but traffic shouldn't be bad at all so that stressor wouldn't be present.

User avatar
g-children
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby g-children » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:20 pm

jennylynn wrote:I'm from Lawrenceville area. :) That drive to Athens wouldn't be bad at all. About an hour, but traffic shouldn't be bad at all so that stressor wouldn't be present.


Yup!!

divinelygolden
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 am

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby divinelygolden » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:22 pm

Just curious, Did you make into either Law School?

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby Jah'rakal » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:29 pm

sc24evr wrote:sucks to be me I guess, starting JMLS in the fall. I'm looking forward to it though, even with the reputation.


JMLS isn't bad, a lot of the hate here isn't justified cause all those posters go to t-14 with money, but they are a tiny % overall, good luck there

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:29 am

Jah'rakal wrote:
sc24evr wrote:sucks to be me I guess, starting JMLS in the fall. I'm looking forward to it though, even with the reputation.


JMLS isn't bad, a lot of the hate here isn't justified cause all those posters go to t-14 with money, but they are a tiny % overall, good luck there

If JMLS isn't bad, then there isn't a bad law school in the country. Both of the JMLS schools are festering, steaming, disgusting, sticky, drippy, infested piles of shit. Awful life decision to go there. Your "rah rah, toilet law schools aren't so bad" nonsense is getting old, seriously. Also, most of the people who posted ITT don't go to T14s. HTH

I would be interested in hearing an update from OP though, if he comes back.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby Br3v » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:33 am

miamiman wrote:
g-children wrote:Decided to retake. And reapply next year. Didnt realize how much law schools give scholarships when you apply super early with decent or better numbers. Taking the LSAT in Oct and started studying like crazy. Retaking Testmasters course last time I took it was when I was in college 2 years ago, dont remember anything + I took the one month course and rushed everything and didnt take the actual LSAT until 2 years later.

I hope the schedule will force me to study harder, I am very determined and hope it all works out way better this time. Thanks guys for all the advice, i was very conflicted. But you are all right, not worth it.


omg. tls saved someone?


Good choice. With job prospects like they are I wouldnt consider going to either a good investment. Keep the study up and good luck!

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby Jah'rakal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:30 am

romothesavior wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:
sc24evr wrote:sucks to be me I guess, starting JMLS in the fall. I'm looking forward to it though, even with the reputation.


JMLS isn't bad, a lot of the hate here isn't justified cause all those posters go to t-14 with money, but they are a tiny % overall, good luck there

If JMLS isn't bad, then there isn't a bad law school in the country. Both of the JMLS schools are festering, steaming, disgusting, sticky, drippy, infested piles of shit. Awful life decision to go there. Your "rah rah, toilet law schools aren't so bad" nonsense is getting old, seriously. Also, most of the people who posted ITT don't go to T14s. HTH

I would be interested in hearing an update from OP though, if he comes back.


WUSTL with money is close enough, JMLS is like an average law school, nothing bad about it, if u describe it as so terrible, then u'd run out of words of describing truly bad schools

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:51 am

No, WUSTL is an above average law school. Hell, most of my friends are unemployed. How do you think it is at JMLS? Anything outside T50 is generally awful for job prospects. JMLS is awful. Truly awful. Once you go thru a year or two of lawl school and see the true market, you'll understand just how bad these toilets are.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:10 am

You're wasting your 1s and 0s on that troll, Romo. Look at his 'tar, I'm pretty sure it's of a troll. Also:

Jah'rakal wrote:whittier has a five star review on yelp though, its students seem to be content

Jah'rakal wrote:hastings, which is considered almost as good as Boalt

Jah'rakal wrote:ABA accredited these schools, thus proving they can indeed provide quality education, nothing wrong with those schools

Jah'rakal wrote:there are no bad law schools really, even tier 4 and unaccredited law school students can have fulfilling experiences and a satisfactory job afterwards, it's all about your own perception

Jah'rakal wrote:Ron Paul

And to show that he truly knows nothing about law schools:

Jah'rakal wrote:there r always hot girls in law school in your class, get one of those instead

User avatar
Honeysuckle
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby Honeysuckle » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:21 am

Jah'rakal actually is the name of a troll warlord from Warcraft III...but anyway, although his trolling is blatant to you and I, there's a chance that some clueless 0L might take his inane statements seriously, so Romo is doing a favor by calling him out on it. Unfortunately the general public thinks JD=golden ticket.
Last edited by Honeysuckle on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby Jah'rakal » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:47 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:You're wasting your 1s and 0s on that troll, Romo. Look at his 'tar, I'm pretty sure it's of a troll. Also:

Jah'rakal wrote:whittier has a five star review on yelp though, its students seem to be content

Jah'rakal wrote:hastings, which is considered almost as good as Boalt

Jah'rakal wrote:ABA accredited these schools, thus proving they can indeed provide quality education, nothing wrong with those schools

Jah'rakal wrote:there are no bad law schools really, even tier 4 and unaccredited law school students can have fulfilling experiences and a satisfactory job afterwards, it's all about your own perception

Jah'rakal wrote:Ron Paul

And to show that he truly knows nothing about law schools:

Jah'rakal wrote:there r always hot girls in law school in your class, get one of those instead


and what is your point? more t-14 elitist bs?

User avatar
Honeysuckle
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: Atlanta John Marshall Law School Versus Mercer Law School

Postby Honeysuckle » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:31 am

Jah'rakal wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:You're wasting your 1s and 0s on that troll, Romo. Look at his 'tar, I'm pretty sure it's of a troll. Also:

Jah'rakal wrote:whittier has a five star review on yelp though, its students seem to be content

Jah'rakal wrote:hastings, which is considered almost as good as Boalt

Jah'rakal wrote:ABA accredited these schools, thus proving they can indeed provide quality education, nothing wrong with those schools

Jah'rakal wrote:there are no bad law schools really, even tier 4 and unaccredited law school students can have fulfilling experiences and a satisfactory job afterwards, it's all about your own perception

Jah'rakal wrote:Ron Paul

And to show that he truly knows nothing about law schools:

Jah'rakal wrote:there r always hot girls in law school in your class, get one of those instead


and what is your point? more t-14 elitist bs?


JusticeHarlan attends Boston College (ranked 27).




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, laqueredup and 9 guests