Georgetown or Vanderbilt

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
yabbadabbado

Re: Georgetown or Vanderbilt

Postby yabbadabbado » Sat May 29, 2010 8:07 pm

ALL the top 20 schools are having trouble placing students compared to when things were booming. Anyone who tells you different is uninformed or lying.

Journals shouldn't be an issue. Big schools like GULC have many journals, so it's not hard to get on one if you want to. Getting on to the main journal or law review will be hard at any school.

Anyway, it's sounds like you prefer Vandy, and $60K is a lot of money. The only thing I would add is to try to talk Vandy into giving you more $.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Sat May 29, 2010 8:40 pm

yabbadabbado wrote:ALL the top 20 schools are having trouble placing students compared to when things were booming. Anyone who tells you different is uninformed or lying.

Journals shouldn't be an issue. Big schools like GULC have many journals, so it's not hard to get on one if you want to. Getting on to the main journal or law review will be hard at any school.

Anyway, it's sounds like you prefer Vandy, and $60K is a lot of money. The only thing I would add is to try to talk Vandy into giving you more $.

Not going to happen this cycle. Also, op, go where you think you won't regret going. I would think it would be very hard to regret going to Georgetown so long as you don't HATE it. You may, though, find yourself regretting choosing Vandy over a higher ranked school because of $60k.

my unfounded, baseless, two cents.

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Sat May 29, 2010 8:49 pm

:shock: Vanderbilt, but learn to insert breaks in your writing from time to time

savagecheater

Postby savagecheater » Sat May 29, 2010 8:54 pm

Vandy is awesome. Go and don't look back.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”