Harvard v. UChicago

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

now off the H waitlist, where to?

UChicago
70
29%
Harvard
174
71%
 
Total votes: 244

User avatar
cardnal124
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:31 am

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby cardnal124 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:55 pm

swimbrad wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:Celtics > Bulls
Patriots > Bears
Red Sox > White Sox > Cubs

The choice seems pretty clear to me.

Seriously, the clerkship possibilities from HLS are better, and options are there from a larger number of BigLaw firms than from UChi. Although, when you kill it at either one, you're gonna be fine anyway.

hehe... i see you there... thanks for dropping in!!


Ya, I just found this thread. Can't have you become a fan of the damn Cubs. Although the red sox beat STL in '04 so I hate them too.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby miamiman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:57 pm

In fairness, the whole u of c rep as it pertains to females is overblown. I know quite a few u of c cuties. All is not lost.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby megaTTTron » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:58 pm

miamiman wrote:In fairness, the whole u of c rep as it pertains to females is overblown. I know quite a few u of c cuties. All is not lost.



Thank god.

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby Nom Sawyer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:00 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
miamiman wrote:In fairness, the whole u of c rep as it pertains to females is overblown. I know quite a few u of c cuties. All is not lost.



Thank god.


Not that this has anything to do with anything... but a very attractive girl (as in I can't believe she goes to law school) was headed to U of C from my school.

Then she got off the waitlist to H... guess it'll still be true :D

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby IAFG » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Nom Sawyer wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:
miamiman wrote:In fairness, the whole u of c rep as it pertains to females is overblown. I know quite a few u of c cuties. All is not lost.

Thank god.

Not that this has anything to do with anything... but a very attractive girl (as in I can't believe she goes to law school) was headed to U of C from my school.
Then she got off the waitlist to H... guess it'll still be true :D

It's like they actively don't want pretty girls there. distract from rigor?

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby Nom Sawyer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:06 pm

IAFG wrote:
Nom Sawyer wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:
miamiman wrote:In fairness, the whole u of c rep as it pertains to females is overblown. I know quite a few u of c cuties. All is not lost.

Thank god.

Not that this has anything to do with anything... but a very attractive girl (as in I can't believe she goes to law school) was headed to U of C from my school.
Then she got off the waitlist to H... guess it'll still be true :D

It's like they actively don't want pretty girls there. distract from rigor?


that is my guess.. I'd private my FB and avoid sending them any photos IAFG

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby IAFG » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Nom Sawyer wrote:that is my guess.. I'd private my FB and avoid sending them any photos IAFG

i should get a "self-tar"

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby Nom Sawyer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:09 pm

IAFG wrote:
Nom Sawyer wrote:that is my guess.. I'd private my FB and avoid sending them any photos IAFG

i should get a "self-tar"


i'd go with thick framed glasses and holding a large textbook to display proper "rigor"

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby IAFG » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:13 pm

Nom Sawyer wrote:
IAFG wrote:
Nom Sawyer wrote:that is my guess.. I'd private my FB and avoid sending them any photos IAFG

i should get a "self-tar"


i'd go with thick framed glasses and holding a large textbook to display proper "rigor"

smart. posner's "law and literature" is collecting dust on my shelf.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby dresden doll » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:14 pm

IAFG wrote:
Nom Sawyer wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:
miamiman wrote:In fairness, the whole u of c rep as it pertains to females is overblown. I know quite a few u of c cuties. All is not lost.

Thank god.

Not that this has anything to do with anything... but a very attractive girl (as in I can't believe she goes to law school) was headed to U of C from my school.
Then she got off the waitlist to H... guess it'll still be true :D

It's like they actively don't want pretty girls there. distract from rigor?


It's like this stereotype stubbornly persists absent all evidence to actually, um ,support it. And also despite the fact that it has been repeatedly said on this board, both by current students and future 1Ls who have actually visited, that UChicago does in fact have its share of pretty girls. True story. Really.

I won't post my female classmates' pics for obvious reasons. But I will say that reading nonsense of this sort over and over again gets old incredibly fast.

Also, anyone who wouldn't go to U of C for fear of not ever seeing pretty girls there didn't deserve their admission.

With all that said, absent great love of all things U of C, OP should go to HLS without looking back.

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby Nom Sawyer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:17 pm

lol i'm just kidding here... its just fun to talk about.

But actually I think i'd go with a full ride at UofC over H.. i mean they aren't that far apart

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby miamiman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Dresden, I'm not sure if you saw the update:

120k at Chicago vs. (likely) sticker at HLS

You still go HLS?

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby dresden doll » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 pm

miamiman wrote:Dresden, I'm not sure if you saw the update:

120k at Chicago vs. (likely) sticker at HLS

You still go HLS?


Actually, I didn't see that.

No, I don't go HLS under those circumstances. The gap between HLS and UChi isn't worth 120k plus interest worth of difference (assuming no to insignificant amount of money from HLS, of course).

I reverse my conclusion. Absent love for all things HLS, OP should go to Chi and not look back.

User avatar
doyleoil
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby doyleoil » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 pm

dresden doll wrote:absent great love of all things U of C, OP should go to HLS without looking back.


oh c'mon dres, i can come up with like 6 or 10 reasons, right off the top:

1) actually getting to, you know, talk to your professors
2) actually having professors who, you know, care about teaching
3) not having to have a transcript that looks like train tracks to know if you're doing well
4) only having to spend most of your waking time with 200 closet super-gunners instead of 600
5) not having to coyly dance around the name of your law school every time someone asks where you go
6) getting to have the words "fairness" and "justice" physically and mentally beaten out of your system

of course, who turns down harvard? seriously (unless they got into yale)

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby dresden doll » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:25 pm

doyleoil wrote:
dresden doll wrote:absent great love of all things U of C, OP should go to HLS without looking back.


oh c'mon dres, i can come up with like 6 or 10 reasons, right off the top:

1) actually getting to, you know, talk to your professors
2) actually having professors who, you know, care about teaching
3) not having to have a transcript that looks like train tracks to know if you're doing well
4) only having to spend most of your waking time with 200 closet super-gunners instead of 600
5) not having to coyly dance around the name of your law school every time someone asks where you go
6) getting to have the words "fairness" and "justice" physically and mentally beaten out of your system

of course, who turns down harvard? seriously (unless they got into yale)


I reversed my message already (although every single one of those reasons is damn credited, FTR).

Anyhow, I'd turn down HLS for a full ride at any of CCNs. Not kidding. *For that matter, I'd also turn down SLS. Although I would not turn down YLS. But that's neither here nor there.

User avatar
doyleoil
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby doyleoil » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:25 pm

dresden doll wrote:
doyleoil wrote:
dresden doll wrote:absent great love of all things U of C, OP should go to HLS without looking back.


oh c'mon dres, i can come up with like 6 or 10 reasons, right off the top:

1) actually getting to, you know, talk to your professors
2) actually having professors who, you know, care about teaching
3) not having to have a transcript that looks like train tracks to know if you're doing well
4) only having to spend most of your waking time with 200 closet super-gunners instead of 600
5) not having to coyly dance around the name of your law school every time someone asks where you go
6) getting to have the words "fairness" and "justice" physically and mentally beaten out of your system

of course, who turns down harvard? seriously (unless they got into yale)


I reversed my message already (although every single one of those reasons is damn credited, FTR).

Anyhow, I'd turn down HLS for a full ride at any of CCNs. Not kidding. *For that matter, I'd also turn down SLS. Although I would not turn down YLS. But that's neither here nor there.


ahh yale - i still think it's just a myth

User avatar
kobebryant
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby kobebryant » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:28 pm

.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby dresden doll » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:29 pm

doyleoil wrote:
dresden doll wrote:of course, who turns down harvard? seriously (unless they got into yale)


I reversed my message already (although every single one of those reasons is damn credited, FTR).

Anyhow, I'd turn down HLS for a full ride at any of CCNs. Not kidding. *For that matter, I'd also turn down SLS. Although I would not turn down YLS. But that's neither here nor there.


ahh yale - i still think it's just a myth[/quote]

:lol:

Well, I AM friends with one YLS 1L on FB. Although we've never met so it's perfectly possible his profile is sheer fiction.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:30 pm

kobebryant wrote:[img]http://www.hisfirstgaysexblog.com/images/rookie_guys/brandan_matthew/big_cock_gay_blowjob.jpg


Have the wrong image on your copypad?

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby miamiman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Hahahahahahhahaahha

User avatar
doyleoil
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby doyleoil » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
kobebryant wrote:[img]http://www.hisfirstgaysexblog.com/images/rookie_guys/brandan_matthew/big_cock_gay_blowjob.jpg


Have the wrong image on your copypad?


i thought i clicked the wrong tab in my browser for a sec

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby dresden doll » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Kobe just qualified for the 'shitty posters' list in my book. Congratulations!

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby NayBoer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks, Kobe. You have ruined blowjobs for me, at least for the next few hours.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Mommy, why is that man's wee wee so big???

User avatar
cardnal124
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:31 am

Re: Harvard v. UChicago

Postby cardnal124 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:39 pm

NayBoer wrote:Thanks, Kobe. You have ruined blowjobs for me, at least for the next few hours.


... unless of course a hot chick gives you one before that




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests