Anybody know how to get over an academic dismissal? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
livewire

New

Anybody know how to get over an academic dismissal?

Post by livewire » Sat May 22, 2010 8:31 pm

3 years ago I was academically dismissed from a Tier 4 school. (Not that it matters but FYI, I was very unprepared to start law school). After having failed out, I retook the lsat and did 6 points better than my first time around. However, when I applied to schools again, out of the approx 20 schools I applied to, I have been rejected to most of them and waitlisted from one. The reason why is because ABA standards require schools to examine us fail-outs with much more scrutiny. Any ideas on what I should do to better my chances? Anyone have gone through this scenario?

Thirteen

Diamond

Re: Anybody know how to get over an academic dismissal?

Post by Thirteen » Sat May 22, 2010 8:36 pm

livewire wrote:3 years ago I was academically dismissed from a Tier 4 school. (Not that it matters but FYI, I was very unprepared to start law school). After having failed out, I retook the lsat and did 6 points better than my first time around. However, when I applied to schools again, out of the approx 20 schools I applied to, I have been rejected to most of them and waitlisted from one. The reason why is because ABA standards require schools to examine us fail-outs with much more scrutiny. Any ideas on what I should do to better my chances? Anyone have gone through this scenario?
Score higher on the LSAT. If you do well enough, a school will overlook everything that happened in the past.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Get a different job.

livewire

New

Post by livewire » Sat May 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Whats wrong with my job?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sat May 22, 2010 9:07 pm

livewire wrote:Whats wrong with my job?
He means reconsider law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”