WUSTL vs. Cornell

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bk1

Re: WUSTL vs. Cornell

Postby bk1 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:19 am

Regionality wrote:
spaacecdt wrote:I was set on Cornell at sticker. WUSTL sent me an email today, after the deposit deadline, offering me $22,000/year for 3 years. I'm stressing out all over again.

Would any of you choose WUSTL over Cornell now?

Wow this is remarkably similar to ENGINEERD thread...WUSTL seems to be desperately trying to keep their original admits!

7k more per year is NICE, but is it nice enough to sacrifice T14 national (read california) portability if CA is your goal?

BTW, what'd you choose?

That is not the OP

EDIT: I wish I could sleep. So fucking bored and TLS is dead in the middle of the night.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:22 am

bk1 wrote:
Regionality wrote:
spaacecdt wrote:I was set on Cornell at sticker. WUSTL sent me an email today, after the deposit deadline, offering me $22,000/year for 3 years. I'm stressing out all over again.

Would any of you choose WUSTL over Cornell now?

Wow this is remarkably similar to ENGINEERD thread...WUSTL seems to be desperately trying to keep their original admits!

7k more per year is NICE, but is it nice enough to sacrifice T14 national (read california) portability if CA is your goal?

BTW, what'd you choose?

That is not the OP

EDIT: I wish I could sleep. So fucking bored and TLS is dead in the middle of the night.

Oh...well I wonder what he chose anyway, haha...

Yea im bored and my typing is prob waking my gf up but im buzzed from a terrible Giants game gone awry

Postby 20160810 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:14 am

Unless you already have "WUSTL" tattooed on both of your biceps, then I think Cornell is the clear winner.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:18 am

Is it just me, or is WUSTL really going after the California people?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:27 am

JCougar wrote:Is it just me, or is WUSTL really going after the California people?

It's because we're cooler. :mrgreen:

spaacecdt

Postby spaacecdt » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Sorry to confuse! I am the OP (rock456). I lost my password and didn't care much for the old username.

I still want to head back to CA.

ENGINEERD

Postby ENGINEERD » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Spaacecdt/rock456, like regionality wrote Im also in a similar position in that WUSTL just increased my scholarship by a large amount and that I am trying to get back to CA. WUSTL is a great school but the sad truth is that WUSTL does not travel well to CA. Most people here have never heard of WUSTL and the employers do not regularly recruit from there. WUSTL has recognized CA as a weak point and it trying its best to change that. Unfortunately it is going to take more than 3 years to see a real change in CA employment. Cornell is well known every where and will be much much easier to bring back to CA. If it were me I would LOVE to have have the Cornell option and would take it in a heartbeat!

Good luck making your decision!!

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:41 pm

spaacecdt wrote:Sorry to confuse! I am the OP (rock456). I lost my password and didn't care much for the old username.

I still want to head back to CA.

Ah. Well then, in that case I am going to say that Cornell is still the call because you want CA. If you didn't mind working in the midwest instead it would push towards WUSTL, but your desire for CA means that it would take more than a 1/2 ride at WUSTL to push it over Cornell (depending on how strongly you want CA it might be that even a full ride at WUSTL is not better than Cornell).

Return to “Choosing a Law School”