Chapman w/scholly v. USD w/nada

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Chapman
53%
USD
26%
Different career
21%

Total votes: 19

Brood

Postby Brood » Fri May 21, 2010 2:46 am

Okay so I have been offered a 70% scholarship to attend chapman and have been accepted at USD. Ideally I would like to practice in so cal and work in environmental or real estate law. If I attended chapman I have a free place to stay, at USD I would need room and board. I would like to limit my debt as much as possible, but not at the risk of being unable to find a job. Any input or experiences from grads of either school would be greatly appreciated.

A'nold

Re: Chapman w/scholly v. USD w/nada

Postby A'nold » Fri May 21, 2010 2:54 am

Why would you put the whole "different career" option on there, even in jest? If you are not 100% committed to a career in law, then I really would say to choose a different career b/c this profession is not for the weak of heart and will spit those out that don't have a true interest in it most of the time.

Anyway, if you know for a fact that a legal career is for you, then Chapman 100%.

Brood

Postby Brood » Fri May 21, 2010 2:58 am

As a side note: I'm deeply committed and have no other plans for a different career. In other words, "I'm in it to win it."

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Fri May 21, 2010 2:59 am

Brood wrote:As a side note: I'm deeply committed and have no other plans for a different career. In other words, "I'm in it to win it."

Then Chapman it is....this is not even close man. Have fun in the OC next year and good luck.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri May 21, 2010 3:32 am

Chapman, because at least if you get screwed by the economy you'll minimize debt. Best of luck.

1ferret!

Postby 1ferret! » Fri May 21, 2010 4:12 am

Enjoy Chapman.

PogueMahone

Postby PogueMahone » Fri May 21, 2010 4:55 am

I'm in a similar position and am leaning toward Chapman with the exact same scholly...debt sucks and the opportunities available out of the schools don't seem different enough to justify all the extra debt that USD would give you...unless you really, really prefer San Diego, i think Chapman is the smarter choice here.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”