law school

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Amethyst613
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:42 am

law school

Postby Amethyst613 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:09 am

law school
Last edited by Amethyst613 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HyeMart
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby HyeMart » Thu May 20, 2010 2:11 am

yale.

byunbee
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 2:12 am

harvard

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby thecilent » Thu May 20, 2010 2:15 am

stanford

byunbee
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 2:15 am

just go to grad school and get a masters in international affairs, it would be more applicable to what you're actually interested in doing than a JD.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby JazzOne » Thu May 20, 2010 2:15 am

Columbia
Last edited by JazzOne on Thu May 20, 2010 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby JazzOne » Thu May 20, 2010 2:17 am

byunbee wrote:just go to grad school and get a masters in international affairs, it would be more applicable to what you're actually interested in doing than a JD.

-1

byunbee
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 2:18 am

JazzOne wrote:
byunbee wrote:just go to grad school and get a masters in international affairs, it would be more applicable to what you're actually interested in doing than a JD.

-1


fine.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby thecilent » Thu May 20, 2010 2:21 am

JazzOne wrote:Columbia

lol I love how you edited to keep it in order..

byunbee wrote:just go to grad school and get a masters in international affairs, it would be more applicable to what you're actually interested in doing than a JD.

umm
Amethyst613 wrote:Hi, I really want to be an international lawyer in the future.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby JazzOne » Thu May 20, 2010 2:24 am

Cilent21 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:Columbia


lol I love how you edited to keep it in order..

Lol I couldn't remember the rankings after YHS. As for your second quote, it is a complete misquote. I never posted that statement.
Edit: Looks like you beat me to it. Thanks for editing.
Last edited by JazzOne on Thu May 20, 2010 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

byunbee
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 2:24 am

my point is that what does it even mean to be an international lawyer?

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby Regionality » Thu May 20, 2010 2:25 am

No one frowns on double majoring. It's not that hard to do anyway...(I double majored and minored and still had classes left over for electives...)

Go to Yale, Harvard or Stanford if you can, but if you can't, get lucky.

Also, what kind of international lawyer do you want to be? I can't help notice that your grammar and syntax are slightly off...are you an international student? If so, where are you from and does that play into the type of law you want to practice?

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby JazzOne » Thu May 20, 2010 2:26 am

byunbee wrote:my point is that what does it even mean to be an international lawyer?

Arguing cases in the international court of course.

byunbee
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 2:28 am

JazzOne wrote:
byunbee wrote:my point is that what does it even mean to be an international lawyer?

Arguing cases in the international court of course.


Well in that case, YHSC. Easier said than done though. Kind of tough to advise OP without information about grades, LSAT, etc., I guess.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby thecilent » Thu May 20, 2010 2:31 am

OP -- It doesn't really matter if you decide to double-major or not. Do it if you're interested, but it won't help you become an international lawyer.

As for what schools, NYU and Columbia are ranked the highest for international law, but most people will tell you to go to the best (highest ranked) school you can for this type of law

byunbee
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 2:38 am

Cilent21 wrote:As for what schools, NYU and Columbia are ranked the highest for international law, but most people will tell you to go to the best (highest ranked) school you can for this type of law


It's a much smaller field than most people realize, so high grades and a JD from a high prestige law school would probably be a necessity. I've heard it said on TLS before (so take this with a grain of salt) that it's almost not worth pursuing outside of t4 or t6.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby thecilent » Thu May 20, 2010 2:43 am

byunbee wrote:
Cilent21 wrote:As for what schools, NYU and Columbia are ranked the highest for international law, but most people will tell you to go to the best (highest ranked) school you can for this type of law


It's a much smaller field than most people realize, so high grades and a JD from a high prestige law school would probably be a necessity. I've heard it said on TLS before (so take this with a grain of salt) that it's almost not worth pursuing outside of t4 or t6.


I agree -- t6, though.. because I think NYU def will still provide opportunities

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby Grizz » Thu May 20, 2010 2:45 am

Cilent21 wrote:OP -- It doesn't really matter if you decide to double-major or not. Do it if you're interested, but it won't help you become an international lawyer.

As for what schools, NYU and Columbia are ranked the highest for international law, but most people will tell you to go to the best (highest ranked) school you can for this type of law


And I might add because it's incredibly competitive, and there's probably not enough for all the T6 kids that want them.

User avatar
General Tso
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby General Tso » Thu May 20, 2010 2:48 am

It's not that hard. You'll be fine!

byunbee
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 2:51 am

General Tso wrote:It's not that hard. You'll be fine!


Never trust the man bearing General Tso's chicken.

User avatar
BigA
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 am

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby BigA » Thu May 20, 2010 2:52 am

JazzOne wrote:
Cilent21 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:Columbia


lol I love how you edited to keep it in order..

Lol I couldn't remember the rankings after YHS.


:shock: That's shocking. I've inadvertently memorized the top 19 at least just by browsing these forums regularly. I haven't even applied to law school yet.

okay, and I've probably looked at the actual list a few times.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu May 20, 2010 3:10 am

Image

byunbee
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby byunbee » Thu May 20, 2010 3:16 am

adh07d wrote:Image


On a completely unrelated note, nice touch quoting wilco in your tls profile.

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu May 20, 2010 3:28 am

Image

User avatar
DerrickRose
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: What Law School is the best for studying international law

Postby DerrickRose » Thu May 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:Image


Lulz




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests