Any graduates or students from Barry U in Orlando? Any good?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
trialjunky

Re: Any graduates or students from Barry U in Orlando? Any good?

Postby trialjunky » Fri May 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Fri May 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Isn't #3 just advice? So...I guess #3 because that advice sounds magical (though I didn't bother to read its context)

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri May 28, 2010 1:32 pm

#2, but my bullshit meter is still off the charts.

Rock Chalk

Postby Rock Chalk » Fri May 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Last edited by Rock Chalk on Wed May 16, 2012 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Fri May 28, 2010 1:40 pm

rad law wrote:
trialjunky wrote:If a Barry grads wants central Florida --> UF grads pretty much dominate the central Florida region, followed by FSU grads, FAMU due to the name of it being a historically black college comes next, followed by Barry.

If a Barry grads wants North Florida, it's UF-> FSU --> Florida Coastal (home court advantage) and then maybe Barry

If a Barry grads want South Florida, it's UF/UM --> FSU --> FIU --> Nova --> Maybe Barry

FAMU? HAHAHAHAHA

FAMU gets no respect, and it doesn't deserve any. It's been rocked by scandal since day 1, and is a gigantic joke.

Barry, Nova, Coastal, St. Thomas, and Ave Maria are rancid, festering TTTs and are not worth mentioning if you want any chance of securing anything resembling a successful legal career in FL.

what about miami?

Rock Chalk

Postby Rock Chalk » Fri May 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Last edited by Rock Chalk on Wed May 16, 2012 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Fri May 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Rock Chalk wrote:
Regionality wrote:Isn't #3 just advice? So...I guess #3 because that advice sounds magical (though I didn't bother to read its context)

Yeah, but the advice is followed by, "She will follow. Trust me." But will she follow? Really?

And there isn't really much context. He was sharing his infinite wisdom with Duralex.

hahaha, so the truth may lie in its level of self-sureness?

I still vote #3 because that's awesome....she WILL follow.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri May 28, 2010 1:43 pm

najumobi wrote:what about miami?

In a few phrases:

Don't pay sticker.
Good in South Florida, not so much elsewhere.
Go to UF if you get in.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Fri May 28, 2010 1:47 pm

rad law wrote:
najumobi wrote:what about miami?

In a few phrases:

Don't pay sticker.
Good in South Florida, not so much elsewhere.
Go to UF if you get in.

this is along the lines of what i thought

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Fri May 28, 2010 1:51 pm

najumobi wrote:
rad law wrote:
trialjunky wrote:If a Barry grads wants central Florida --> UF grads pretty much dominate the central Florida region, followed by FSU grads, FAMU due to the name of it being a historically black college comes next, followed by Barry.

If a Barry grads wants North Florida, it's UF-> FSU --> Florida Coastal (home court advantage) and then maybe Barry

If a Barry grads want South Florida, it's UF/UM --> FSU --> FIU --> Nova --> Maybe Barry

FAMU? HAHAHAHAHA

FAMU gets no respect, and it doesn't deserve any. It's been rocked by scandal since day 1, and is a gigantic joke.

Barry, Nova, Coastal, St. Thomas, and Ave Maria are rancid, festering TTTs and are not worth mentioning if you want any chance of securing anything resembling a successful legal career in FL.

what about miami?

It doesnt really do that well in North Florida but it prolly does better than coastal

sig1

Postby sig1 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Maybe it is all bullshit or maybe every word is truth. That’s the thing. No one knows. Everyone tries to give advice and drop knowledge on blogs. When did we get so lazy? Internet blogs are not a viable source of info for anyone about anything. It is easy to say anything behind the veil of a computer where you know you will not ever have actual confrontation. I think it is a travesty. All week I’ve personally consumed other people’s time talking about nothing. Everyone can’t wait to scan the Internet to find debunking facts just for the fake feeling it gives of achievement or something. You just can’t wait to fire right back. Who cares? No one. The really sad part is that at night after we all get off. People sit there and think of things to put on an Internet blog. Terrible. Unless your blogging about the Dolphins. No one gives a shit. To all of you wandering where to go. Go wherever you want. Granted I had things handed to me. Not my choice. My great grandfather was a great oilman. Its just the way chips fall sometimes. If you go to a "tier 4" will you have to work harder? Probably, but nothing and I mean nothing is unobtainable so go to the school you like most or gives you the most money or whatever, but make the decision yourself. Put the work in and do not listen to Internet blogers. They have no touch with reality. There reality is a box. They make great researchers. Terrible litigators. TrialJunky, It has been an absolute pleasure. Duralaxative, It will work. Get out there kid meet some chics.

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Fri May 28, 2010 4:05 pm

sig1 wrote: Internet blogs are not a viable source of info for anyone about anything.

And yet if you'd found this one 4 years earlier, you might have spared yourself the shame of attending one of the worst law schools in the nation. Btw - you know Barry is the school that beat the ABA in its attempt to enforce stricter accreditation standards, right? Great school you've chosen -- lowering the bar for everyone!

sig1 wrote: My great grandfather was a great oilman.

I figured there was a reason you got that 90k energy company gig...wonder what Great Grandpappy would say about how far his family's standards have fallen?

sig1

Postby sig1 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:18 pm

You have got some nerve kid. Attacking someones family on the internet. Classy. Listen the bottom line is this. One half of this conversation has zero school debt, a high paying job with a great company waiting, no social akwardness, likes girls, will never have to worry about anything one of us has none of those things and puts a picture of food up to define his worthless existence as a fat, afraid of real confrontation, loser. I will give you two guess which one of us is which but you will only need one. P.S. My great grandfather would be thrilled that his hard work has taken care of generations of family members and given them the opportunities that it has. What did your Great Grandfather do. Cleaned mines shoes

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Fri May 28, 2010 4:23 pm

sig1 wrote:You have got some nerve kid. Attacking someones family on the internet. Classy. Listen the bottom line is this. One half of this conversation [strike]has zero school debt, a high paying job with a great company waiting, no social akwardness, likes girls, will never have to worry about anything one of us has none of those things and puts a picture of food up to define his worthless existence as a fat, afraid of real confrontation, loser. I will give you two guess which one of us is which but you will only need one. P.S. My great grandfather would be thrilled that his hard work has taken care of generations of family members and given them the opportunities that it has. What did your Great Grandfather do. Cleaned mines shoes[/strike] studied for the LSAT

fixed that for ya

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Fri May 28, 2010 4:23 pm

sig1 wrote:You have got some nerve kid. Attacking someones family on the internet. Classy. Listen the bottom line is this. One half of this conversation has zero school debt, a high paying job with a great company waiting, no social akwardness, likes girls, will never have to worry about anything one of us has none of those things and puts a picture of food up to define his worthless existence as a fat, afraid of real confrontation, loser. I will give you two guess which one of us is which but you will only need one. P.S. My great grandfather would be thrilled that his hard work has taken care of generations of family members and given them the opportunities that it has. What did your Great Grandfather do. Cleaned mines shoes

If you are fake, good. If you are real, OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site exists for people who need to actually make decisions that affect them in their life...who aren't being handed a job at graduation or an estate valued in the millions. Congrats on having a plum job guaranteed for you and tons of money whenever and whether or not you need it...I'm sure there are plenty of other people on this website who's families are wealthy, but only an ass would bring it up as a reason to feel superior to those that worked their asses off and are inherently talented to be able to attend and succeed in a top law school.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri May 28, 2010 4:34 pm

sig1 wrote:You have got some nerve kid. Attacking someones family on the internet.

Lulz. Anonymity for the win. If you're real, congrats on the job. Hopefully you don't get fired or your dad won't die because with your Barry degree, you are something of a walking joke. Especially because from reading your posts, you sound like an entitled dumbass.

Duralex

Postby Duralex » Fri May 28, 2010 4:37 pm

sig1 wrote:You have got some nerve kid. Attacking someones family on the internet. Classy. Listen the bottom line is this. One half of this conversation has zero school debt, a high paying job with a great company waiting, no social akwardness, likes girls, will never have to worry about anything one of us has none of those things and puts a picture of food up to define his worthless existence as a fat, afraid of real confrontation, loser. I will give you two guess which one of us is which but you will only need one. P.S. My great grandfather would be thrilled that his hard work has taken care of generations of family members and given them the opportunities that it has. What did your Great Grandfather do. Cleaned mines shoes

--ImageRemoved--

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Fri May 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Oh actually this was the most hilarious part about the post...

Are you suggesting General Tsao is gay? Or, are you suggesting it was an accomplishment to train your body to like girls? How is this something to be proud of? Or are you just homophobic?

Yacht_Party

Postby Yacht_Party » Fri May 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Damn, Regionality beat me to it.

I move for ban.

sig1

Postby sig1 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Regionality, I didnt say that to be an asshole. He took shots at my family. Thats below belt. Hes lucky he is a faceless internet wonder. I cant see him to hit him so I break him down. And this site is a sham. I have had you all running circles all week. I have consumed your time and effort. People dont need people to make their decisons for them. When did we get so weak. These blogs consume your lives. Ive looked at how many post these people put up and it is astounding. You know why the majority of you will not make it as attornies? No assertiveness. I am a cocky asshole and dont take shit from anyone. Guess what? Like it or not, people like me run the world. We act better, are better, make split second decisons and then go home and f*** the prom queen. So eat it buddy. LOL. In hoc signo vinces

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Fri May 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Regionality wrote:

If you are fake, good. If you are real, OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri May 28, 2010 4:46 pm

sig1 wrote:People dont need people to make their decisons for them.

But you needed your daddy to get you a job? Irony of ironies.

In hoc signo vinces

What sign would that be? Latin does not make you smart, it makes you a pretentious fool. HTH.

Duralex

Postby Duralex » Fri May 28, 2010 4:47 pm

That's better styled "en toutōi nika." ("In this way, Victory.") Still, it would seem your family bought you admission to a better prep school than they did a law school.

Eventus stultorum magister est.
Last edited by Duralex on Fri May 28, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Fri May 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Is this your dad, Sig?

--ImageRemoved--

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri May 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Duralex wrote:That's better styled "en toutōi nika." ("In this way, Victory.") Still, it would seem your family bought you

Don't give him too much credit. Any brain dead idiot can read Wikipedia to find that quote. Or be a member of Sigma Chi fraternity.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”