Different Gpas from different undergrad schools

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jam08e

Different Gpas from different undergrad schools

Postby jam08e » Tue May 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Out of High school I first attended a community college and transfered to Florida State. My gpa in cc was a 2.9 and my FSU gpa after graduating is a 3.5, and averages out to an overall of 3.3. Will law schools look favorably upon my higher gpa at the university in my upper level courses as it is higher compared to my gpa from freshman and sophmore year at the cc.

im_blue

Re: Different Gpas from different undergrad schools

Postby im_blue » Tue May 18, 2010 6:13 pm

No, they'll look at you as a 3.3.

digitalcntrl

Postby digitalcntrl » Tue May 18, 2010 8:16 pm

jam08e wrote:Out of High school I first attended a community college and transfered to Florida State. My gpa in cc was a 2.9 and my FSU gpa after graduating is a 3.5, and averages out to an overall of 3.3. Will law schools look favorably upon my higher gpa at the university in my upper level courses as it is higher compared to my gpa from freshman and sophmore year at the cc.

I seriously doubt an adcomm is going to look closely at the transcript LSAC has submitted. They will only look at your LSDAS GPA, your LSAT, and for some higher ranked colleges (T-14 and above?) your major/school rank.

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Tue May 18, 2010 11:14 pm

I hope they just look at the LSDAS GPA.
My GPA from my state university is a 4.0, my current GPA from where I'm getting my degree is a 2.6 which brings me up to a 2.8.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”