UPENN vs. Fordham $$$

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
MJMD

Re: UPENN vs. Fordham $$$

Postby MJMD » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:29 am

bk1 wrote:See what I did there?

It's not a bad argument; it can just go either way.

Blimpo12

Postby Blimpo12 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:50 pm

halflink123 wrote:Hey man,

I am glad that you asked this question, because I graduated Fordham in May. Don't listen to all of these people say how Fordham "is a great school." Yeah - it's so great that I don't have a job and I would guess many of my classmates are in the same boat. I send out resumes and no one cares. I go on interviews and no one calls me back.

I hated every fucking minute I spent in the place. Why? The classmates are snobby. The Professors all went to Harvard/Yale/NYU, and because you go to Fordham, they treat you like d*gshit and aren't afraid to show it. Basically, unless you graduate from top X% of the class, you're treated like a second class citizen for the rest of your life. The facilities are crap. Full price tuition is $45K, and every day you feel like you're being nickel and dimed and treated like dirt. I went to undergrad at NYU, and I remember the atmosphere was so different.

BOTTOM LINE: If you go to Fordham, do not graduate in top X% of your class (pick a number), you will HATE YOURSELF, YOU WILL HATE YOUR LIFE, AND YOU WILL REGRET YOUR DECISION FOR THE REST OF YOUR NATURAL F*CKING LIFE.

There is no amount of money that Fordham can throw at you that would change that.

As an aside, I think law schools in general a scam and the system needs to be fixed, because it's broken. I don't know if it makes sense AT ALL to go to law school - you're put in a huge hole. You say you want to work at Big Law - like that is so great? OK go work 120 hour weeks and make your $160K a year which you have to make just to pay of the mounds of debt that these law schools put you into. Get it-you have to make a lot because you owe so much? It's a hamster wheel and a scam, the whole damn system.

So are you saying I shouldn't go to Fordham or that I shouldn't go to law school at all?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:46 pm

MJMD wrote:It's not a bad argument; it can just go either way.

Which makes it a useless argument in that it does not help one way or the other.

fenway

Postby fenway » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:49 pm

definitively go to harvard

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:50 pm

Blimpo12 wrote:So are you saying I shouldn't go to Fordham or that I shouldn't go to law school at all?

If you want to be a lawyer, go to law school. If you care about biglaw/clerkships, go to Penn. If you care about debt, go to Fordham. end thread.

Shot007

Postby Shot007 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:28 pm

How badly do you want to stay at home with your parents???

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Blimpo12 wrote:
halflink123 wrote:Hey man,

I am glad that you asked this question, because I graduated Fordham in May. Don't listen to all of these people say how Fordham "is a great school." Yeah - it's so great that I don't have a job and I would guess many of my classmates are in the same boat. I send out resumes and no one cares. I go on interviews and no one calls me back.

I hated every fucking minute I spent in the place. Why? The classmates are snobby. The Professors all went to Harvard/Yale/NYU, and because you go to Fordham, they treat you like d*gshit and aren't afraid to show it. Basically, unless you graduate from top X% of the class, you're treated like a second class citizen for the rest of your life. The facilities are crap. Full price tuition is $45K, and every day you feel like you're being nickel and dimed and treated like dirt. I went to undergrad at NYU, and I remember the atmosphere was so different.

BOTTOM LINE: If you go to Fordham, do not graduate in top X% of your class (pick a number), you will HATE YOURSELF, YOU WILL HATE YOUR LIFE, AND YOU WILL REGRET YOUR DECISION FOR THE REST OF YOUR NATURAL F*CKING LIFE.

There is no amount of money that Fordham can throw at you that would change that.

As an aside, I think law schools in general a scam and the system needs to be fixed, because it's broken. I don't know if it makes sense AT ALL to go to law school - you're put in a huge hole. You say you want to work at Big Law - like that is so great? OK go work 120 hour weeks and make your $160K a year which you have to make just to pay of the mounds of debt that these law schools put you into. Get it-you have to make a lot because you owe so much? It's a hamster wheel and a scam, the whole damn system.

So are you saying I shouldn't go to Fordham or that I shouldn't go to law school at all?

In for the halflink123 vs operasoprano throwdown

Return to “Choosing a Law School”