Vandy vs. GW (both sticker)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
kr18

Vandy vs. GW (both sticker)

Postby kr18 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:08 am

Just got into GW off the waitlist and now I'm not sure what to choose. I really wanted to go to DC, but I'm not positive. Also, Vandy places well in DC if I do end up wanting to be there. I'm interested in international law and GW has better prospects there, but Vandy has a good program too! I really have no idea what I'm going to do! Help!

de5igual

Re: Vandy vs. GW (both sticker)

Postby de5igual » Fri May 14, 2010 10:44 am

kr18 wrote:Just got into GW off the waitlist and now I'm not sure what to choose. I really wanted to go to DC, but I'm not positive. Also, Vandy places well in DC if I do end up wanting to be there. I'm interested in international law and GW has better prospects there, but Vandy has a good program too! I really have no idea what I'm going to do! Help!

don't compare schools based on "international law" unless you're comparing between YHS. If you're deadset on being in DC (i.e., absolutely needing to go to school there, getting a job there regardless of what type of job it is), go to GW. Otherwise, Vandy will open more doors overall and certainly won't keep the DC doors shut if you do well

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Fri May 14, 2010 10:48 am

f0bolous wrote:
kr18 wrote:Just got into GW off the waitlist and now I'm not sure what to choose. I really wanted to go to DC, but I'm not positive. Also, Vandy places well in DC if I do end up wanting to be there. I'm interested in international law and GW has better prospects there, but Vandy has a good program too! I really have no idea what I'm going to do! Help!

don't compare schools based on "international law" unless you're comparing between YHS. If you're deadset on being in DC (i.e., absolutely needing to go to school there, getting a job there regardless of what type of job it is), go to GW. Otherwise, Vandy will open more doors overall and certainly won't keep the DC doors shut if you do well
This.

If you absolutely want to end up in DC, GW. If you're open to other locations, pick Vandy.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Fri May 14, 2010 11:29 am

Keep in mind that COL in DC is through the roof, so even though tuition might be the same, the amount of loans you will have to take out is not.

That and Vandy is the better school unless you want DC for certain.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”