USC Starting Salary........... and LA Salaries in General...

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
archieg

USC Starting Salary........... and LA Salaries in General...

Postby archieg » Fri May 14, 2010 2:33 am

Hello, fellow posters. It is great to be here, and finally post here. I have been looking into USC's law program (I'm thinking ahead, as I'm still a sophomore at community college about to transfer) and am curious, is that $160,000 median salary figure holding today?

I know it says 2007, but that was right before the recession really hit, so I'm wondering that perhaps is a LOT lower now?

Also, Los Angeles is a pretty major market, so would it be possible to get a six figure salary out of law school still? Or is it that much tougher?

Thank you so much, and have a great weekend!

GordonBombay

Re: USC Starting Salary........... and LA Salaries in General...

Postby GordonBombay » Fri May 14, 2010 2:36 am

1. Yes you can

2 Get ready for a lot of this --ImageRemoved--

fortissimo

Postby fortissimo » Fri May 14, 2010 3:38 am

The odds are significantly against you.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:40 am

archieg wrote:Hello, fellow posters. It is great to be here, and finally post here. I have been looking into USC's law program (I'm thinking ahead, as I'm still a sophomore at community college about to transfer) and am curious, is that $160,000 median salary figure holding today?

I know it says 2007, but that was right before the recession really hit, so I'm wondering that perhaps is a LOT lower now?

Also, Los Angeles is a pretty major market, so would it be possible to get a six figure salary out of law school still? Or is it that much tougher?

Thank you so much, and have a great weekend!

Median salaries are based off of self-reporting. People who are proud of what they make tend to self-report more than ashamed unemployed or underemployed people. Translation: 160k wasn't really the median salary even in 2007.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”