Using Harvard acceptance to get merit aid from Columbia?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
temperancebrennan

Using Harvard acceptance to get merit aid from Columbia?

Postby temperancebrennan » Thu May 13, 2010 8:50 am

I did a search of the forums and couldn't find the answer to my question, so I'm hoping you guys can help me. My question is this: Do you think I can use a recent Harvard acceptance to get merit aid from Columbia? And, if so, how would I go about doing this? My numbers aren't in Butler or Hamilton territory, but maybe I warrant a smaller amount of merit aid now?

Thanks!

roundabout

Re: Using Harvard acceptance to get merit aid from Columbia?

Postby roundabout » Thu May 13, 2010 11:19 am

Why not? Don't ask, don't get. Check out this post here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=79373

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:25 am

This is tricky, because Columbia really should give you money to compete with Harvard. The problem is the same as when you know a hot girl who's not quite as hot as this other girl you know. If you want to continue sleeping with her, you don't allow any mention of her lesser hotness to enter the conversation.

Also, why the hell would you turn down Harvard for anything less than a full ride at Columbia?

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Sat May 15, 2010 11:08 pm

Just go to harvard dude. Columbia won't give you enough to make it a difficult decision.

Tofu

Postby Tofu » Sun May 16, 2010 12:45 am

d34dluk3 wrote:This is tricky, because Columbia really should give you money to compete with Harvard. The problem is the same as when you know a hot girl who's not quite as hot as this other girl you know. If you want to continue sleeping with her, you don't allow any mention of her lesser hotness to enter the conversation.

Also, why the hell would you turn down Harvard for anything less than a full ride at Columbia?

family, significant other, etc.

uoft9919

Postby uoft9919 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:47 am

Tofu wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:This is tricky, because Columbia really should give you money to compete with Harvard. The problem is the same as when you know a hot girl who's not quite as hot as this other girl you know. If you want to continue sleeping with her, you don't allow any mention of her lesser hotness to enter the conversation.

family, significant other, etc.

They can wait.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sun May 16, 2010 12:55 am

OP = flame. The real Temperance Brennan would go to Harvard because it's logical to go to the best school possible.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”