GULC vs WUSTL

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which one?

WUSTL $$$
64%
GULC
36%

Total votes: 45

lawapps0502

Re: GULC vs WUSTL

Postby lawapps0502 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:18 pm

lis10 wrote:Actually...
I'm looking for reasons to stay at WUSTL.
I prefer it for personal reasons, but...professionally I'm not sure its the right decision

I think you should accept WUSTL because:
1. WUSTL has really strong job placement in Chicago. When I went to visit, I spoke with someone in their career services office and it seems like their reputation among employers has remained strong despite the economic downturn. Also, more specifically, they still have high levels of clerkship placement.
2. Its a smaller community of students so you can get more personal attention
3. You will have less of a financial burden when you graduate
4. MOST IMPORTANTLY, people who are happier personally tend to do better academically.

romothesavior

Re: GULC vs WUSTL

Postby romothesavior » Tue May 11, 2010 3:19 pm

lawapps0502 wrote:
lis10 wrote:Actually...
I'm looking for reasons to stay at WUSTL.
I prefer it for personal reasons, but...professionally I'm not sure its the right decision

I think you should accept WUSTL because:
1. WUSTL has really strong job placement in Chicago. When I went to visit, I spoke with someone in their career services office and it seems like their reputation among employers has remained strong despite the economic downturn. [strike]Also, more specifically, they still have high levels of clerkship placement.[/strike]
2. Its a smaller community of students so you can get more personal attention
3. You will have less of a financial burden when you graduate
4. MOST IMPORTANTLY, people who are happier personally tend to do better academically.

Mostly true except this part. This year's clerkship totals were abnormally high, and I don't think they anticipate them being this high again next year.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”