Boston University Sticker

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
clseller

Boston University Sticker

Postby clseller » Mon May 10, 2010 9:05 pm

BU is my only option. I withdrew from my other options and sent in my first deposit to BU. I'm on two waitlists(one school in the t10, the other is a t20).

My question:

Is BU worth sticker?

I definitely want to be a lawyer.

I am on a "waitlist" for financial aid so I have not been offered any money. The financial aid dept. said if aid becomes available they will give me a scholarship.

I ask if it is worth sticker because I keep hearing about how bad the job market will be for most graduates outside the t14 for the next few years. I have a decent amount of undergrad debt(30k), and putting myself a lot further in the hole makes me a little uneasy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry I accidentally posted this message in another forum. I had never created a thread before. I think it's in the right forum now.

miamiman

Re: Boston University Sticker

Postby miamiman » Mon May 10, 2010 9:19 pm

clseller wrote:BU is my only option. I withdrew from my other options and sent in my first deposit to BU. I'm on two waitlists(one school in the t10, the other is a t20).

My question:

Is BU worth sticker?

I definitely want to be a lawyer.

I am on a "waitlist" for financial aid so I have not been offered any money. The financial aid dept. said if aid becomes available they will give me a scholarship.

I ask if it is worth sticker because I keep hearing about how bad the job market will be for most graduates outside the t14 for the next few years. I have a decent amount of undergrad debt(30k), and putting myself a lot further in the hole makes me a little uneasy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry I accidentally posted this message in another forum. I had never created a thread before. I think it's in the right forum now.

what are your goals?

clseller

Postby clseller » Mon May 10, 2010 9:33 pm

I'd like to work in investment management/structured finance, but honestly I'd also enjoy working in public interest or for a DA.

miamiman

Postby miamiman » Mon May 10, 2010 9:33 pm

clseller wrote:I'd like to work in investment management/structured finance, but honestly I'd also enjoy working in public interest or for a DA.

if money is no object, BU at sticker is about as good as any other school at sticker.

clseller

Postby clseller » Mon May 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Well I will surely be happy(hopefully, lets assume for now) as an attorney whether I make 40k or 120k. I'm just wondering if I should have settled for a lesser ranked school with a decent scholarship. The only thing I worry about is the amount of money I'll be borrowing to pay for law school.

miamiman

Postby miamiman » Mon May 10, 2010 9:41 pm

clseller wrote:Well I will surely be happy(hopefully, lets assume for now) as an attorney whether I make 40k or 120k. I'm just wondering if I should have settled for a lesser ranked school with a decent scholarship. The only thing I worry about is the amount of money I'll be borrowing to pay for law school.

If you're satisfied with making little money, T3 it all the way to the bank. Im not kidding.

solotee

Postby solotee » Mon May 10, 2010 9:48 pm

BU was an option for me as well. But like you, money is not an issue and I'll be a happy attorney whether I make 40K or 115K year. Therefore, I chose the less expensive school.

Can you live with paying over 2K a month (rough estimate) for your loans after you graduate?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”