I have questions regarding Univ. of San Francisco Law School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
whistle

I have questions regarding Univ. of San Francisco Law School

Postby whistle » Sat May 08, 2010 4:13 pm

I' m interested in the Univ. of San Francisco Law School. What do you know about the Law School? Do you get a solid education there? Is it a rigorous program? When you go to law school you want to actually learn something so you will be well-prepared for a job. Do students help each other or is it a very conpetitive environment? What about their grading policy and the grading curve? If you had a choice between this school and the Univ. of San Diego Law School, which school would you choose? I am from the San Francisco/Bay Area.

Thank you very much,

A'nold

Re: I have questions regarding Univ. of San Francisco Law School

Postby A'nold » Sat May 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Are you going to school next fall? If not, you need to do more research. Just hang out around this site for a few months and you will become an expert man. Good luck. :)

sizzle04

Postby sizzle04 » Sat May 08, 2010 4:21 pm

whistle wrote:I' m interested in the Univ. of San Francisco Law School. What do you know about the Law School? Do you get a solid education there? Is it a rigorous program? When you go to law school you want to actually learn something so you will be well-prepared for a job. Do students help each other or is it a very conpetitive environment? What about their grading policy and the grading curve? If you had a choice between this school and the Univ. of San Diego Law School, which school would you choose? I am from the San Francisco/Bay Area.

Thank you very much,

where do you intend to practice? they are both regional schools. USF grads are employed in drastically larger #s in the bay area, and vice versa with USD in san diego. go where you want to practice, IMO.
http://californiabar.globl.org/report.p ... 0&g=2&pp=5

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Sat May 08, 2010 8:02 pm

I'd probably pick USD and practice in SD, if that's an option. If you must be in SF, USF is better.

I know an attorney who went to USF. He was not really happy with the school and its placement power. Unfortunately, it competes in the Bay Area with Stanford, Boalt, Hastings, Davis, Santa Clara, and JDs from outside the region.

San Diego is a more isolated market, with USD at the top. It's not as large a market as San Francisco, though.

USD is regionally known for its strength in tax, if that appeals to you.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”