Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
GirlInTx
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:06 am

Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby GirlInTx » Sat May 08, 2010 1:58 am

:mrgreen:

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby Teoeo » Sat May 08, 2010 2:00 am

All of them! I suggest you ED to all the t14 =)

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby Teoeo » Sat May 08, 2010 2:06 am

In all seriousness, I hope to see you at Gdub in a year.

GirlInTx
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:06 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby GirlInTx » Sat May 08, 2010 2:08 am

Teoeo wrote:In all seriousness, I hope to see you at Gdub in a year.


Why is that?

And if I can get anywhere close to my PT scores on my LSAT in October, then possibly.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby 005618502 » Sat May 08, 2010 2:09 am

Im actually curious, this may be a stupid question but can you apply ED to more then one school as long as you accept your first acceptance? or is that not how it works?

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby Teoeo » Sat May 08, 2010 2:12 am

GirlInTx wrote:
Teoeo wrote:In all seriousness, I hope to see you at Gdub in a year.


Why is that?

And if I can get anywhere close to my PT scores on my LSAT in October, then possibly.


Cause I saw your other post saying that was one of the schools you were considering, just being positive =). And no J, you can't ed more than one place UNLESS you ed to one, are denied, and THEN ed to another.

GirlInTx
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:06 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby GirlInTx » Sat May 08, 2010 2:16 am

Teoeo wrote:
GirlInTx wrote:
Teoeo wrote:In all seriousness, I hope to see you at Gdub in a year.


Why is that?

And if I can get anywhere close to my PT scores on my LSAT in October, then possibly.


Cause I saw your other post saying that was one of the schools you were considering, just being positive =). And no J, you can't ed more than one place UNLESS you ed to one, are denied, and THEN ed to another.


If you're referring to my thread about TTTT's then I just want to clarify that I am not considering STCL. I thought it would be an option if it were entirely free, but the only school I will consider outside of the top 30 is U of H because it holds a lot of weight here in Houston. Just curious, how long did it take for you to get an acceptance at GWU and what were your numbers?

Edit: I misread your post. Yes, I definitely have an interest in GWU, primarily because of where it's located.
Last edited by GirlInTx on Sat May 08, 2010 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RickyRoe
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby RickyRoe » Sat May 08, 2010 2:18 am

Teoeo wrote:
GirlInTx wrote:
Teoeo wrote:In all seriousness, I hope to see you at Gdub in a year.


Why is that?

And if I can get anywhere close to my PT scores on my LSAT in October, then possibly.


Cause I saw your other post saying that was one of the schools you were considering, just being positive =). And no J, you can't ed more than one place UNLESS you ed to one, are denied, and THEN ed to another.


So can you not withdraw your name after applying ED but before they make a decision? I have solid T2 numbers but have debated taking a chance and applying ED to a few different T1 schools knowing that I am a long shot to even be accepted at one of them let alone more than one.

How much does ED really help anyways?

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby Teoeo » Sat May 08, 2010 2:19 am

I heard pretty early, like early January. I had a 3.21 and a 167 (was pting at 175... grr). I had some pretty good softs and they offered me 90k scholly + first year housing. APPLY EARLY, it really helped my cycle (I think).

P.S. they are pretty splitter friendly, if you got a 170+ and ED'd GW, they probably would take you (and thus a full tuition scholarship :D)

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby Teoeo » Sat May 08, 2010 2:20 am

RickyRoe wrote:
Teoeo wrote:
GirlInTx wrote:
Teoeo wrote:In all seriousness, I hope to see you at Gdub in a year.


Why is that?

And if I can get anywhere close to my PT scores on my LSAT in October, then possibly.


Cause I saw your other post saying that was one of the schools you were considering, just being positive =). And no J, you can't ed more than one place UNLESS you ed to one, are denied, and THEN ed to another.


So can you not withdraw your name after applying ED but before they make a decision? I have solid T2 numbers but have debated taking a chance and applying ED to a few different T1 schools knowing that I am a long shot to even be accepted at one of them let alone more than one.

How much does ED really help anyways?



if you apply ed and they take you, you have to go.....

I would say it certainly helps (in relation to their yield). It also shows commitment, I would definitely only ED to a school you are sure about though.

edit: i dont know about that hypothetical... lol

GirlInTx
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:06 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby GirlInTx » Sat May 08, 2010 2:29 am

Teoeo wrote:

if you apply ed and they take you, you have to go.....

I would say it certainly helps (in relation to their yield). It also shows commitment, I would definitely only ED to a school you are sure about though.

edit: i dont know about that hypothetical... lol


That's my problem. My GPA is low and while my LSAT score will probably offset that for some schools, I don't want to choose one, be denied, and then be too late to get into any other good schools that I otherwise would have had a reasonable chance at. January seems a tad late for ED. I figured December at the latest.

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby Teoeo » Sat May 08, 2010 2:30 am

GirlInTx wrote:
Teoeo wrote:

if you apply ed and they take you, you have to go.....

I would say it certainly helps (in relation to their yield). It also shows commitment, I would definitely only ED to a school you are sure about though.

edit: i dont know about that hypothetical... lol


That's my problem. My GPA is low and while my LSAT score will probably offset that for some schools, I don't want to choose one, be denied, and then be too late to get into any other good schools that I otherwise would have had a reasonable chance at. January seems a tad late for ED. I figured December at the latest.



I didn't ed, thats when i heard back from them, I applied in Nov.

User avatar
legalease9
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby legalease9 » Sat May 08, 2010 2:33 am

Boston College Allows non-binding ED. You submit on time and select it, they give you a decision by early December. I'm really not sure who else would. VERY few schools do non-binding ED currently.

GirlInTx
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:06 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby GirlInTx » Sat May 08, 2010 2:36 am

Teoeo wrote:
I didn't ed, thats when i heard back from them, I applied in Nov.


Ah, okay. What an impossible decision to make. I'm guessing some people go ahead and ED to multiple schools anyway.

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby Teoeo » Sat May 08, 2010 2:37 am

GirlInTx wrote:
Teoeo wrote:
I didn't ed, thats when i heard back from them, I applied in Nov.


Ah, okay. What an impossible decision to make. I'm guessing some people go ahead and ED to multiple schools anyway.


EDing is a pretty minor deal, just apply to a lot of schools non-ed and ED at a school you really like.

GirlInTx
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:06 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby GirlInTx » Sat May 08, 2010 2:40 am

Teoeo wrote:
GirlInTx wrote:
Teoeo wrote:
I didn't ed, thats when i heard back from them, I applied in Nov.


Ah, okay. What an impossible decision to make. I'm guessing some people go ahead and ED to multiple schools anyway.


EDing is a pretty minor deal, just apply to a lot of schools non-ed and ED at a school you really like.


Well, apparently a few here think I have a shot at Georgetown if my LSAT is in line with my PT score and I ED. That might be my top choice. We'll see...

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Which top schools allow non-binding ED?

Postby Teoeo » Sat May 08, 2010 2:42 am

GULC is certainly possible, not a bad ED option.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests