JD/MBA applicable for what?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
concerned1

JD/MBA applicable for what?

Postby concerned1 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 am

So what can one actually with a JD/MBA? is it only corporate lawyers who utilize it? Does it make you more marketable in the job market? and what type of salaries/lifestyle does this degree generate?

Borhas

Re: JD/MBA applicable for what?

Postby Borhas » Fri May 07, 2010 10:54 am

it's a good soft for Phd/MD dual degree programs

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Fri May 07, 2010 10:55 am

I'm also curious about this.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Fri May 07, 2010 10:56 am

Borhas wrote:it's a good soft for Phd/MD dual degree programs

+180

So, so right.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:58 am

Borhas wrote:it's a good soft for Phd/MD dual degree programs

+1000

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Fri May 07, 2010 10:59 am

Can you anti-elitists please stop quoting each other so I can hear the elitists speak?

Thanks.

quetzalcoatl

Postby quetzalcoatl » Fri May 07, 2010 11:02 am

Profit=f(JD, MBA, Mustache)

mrm2083

Postby mrm2083 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:12 am

I think JD/MBAs are awesome and would definitely get one if it weren't for the fact that I'm strait out of undergrad and can't get into Wharton MBA, too bad you can't backdoor through Penn law. Anyways, my goal is to do corporate law and move into a leadership position at fortune 500 (say whatever you guys want but I know a few people who have done it). I spoke to someone who is a JD and holds an extremely high positing, just short of CEO, at one of the largest companies in the world and he told me JD/MBA = amazing for the business world. A lot of people here say JD for business is worthless but if you like law and either already have a business background or want a JD/MBA I think it's a great asset and many people who I would love to be like have told me that.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Fri May 07, 2010 11:13 am

mrm2083 wrote:I think JD/MBAs are awesome and would definitely get one if it weren't for the fact that I'm strait out of undergrad and can't get into Wharton MBA, too bad you can't backdoor through Penn law. Anyways, my goal is to do corporate law and move into a leadership position at fortune 500 (say whatever you guys want but I know a few people who have done it). I spoke to someone who is a JD and holds an extremely high positing, just short of CEO, at one of the largest companies in the world and he told me JD/MBA = amazing for the business world. A lot of people here say JD for business is worthless but if you like law and either already have a business background or want a JD/MBA I think it's a great asset and many people who I would love to be like have told me that.

Wonder if the Wharton certificate means anything.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Fri May 07, 2010 11:15 am

Just because a JD isn't worthless for business doesn't mean it's worth six figure debt to somebody who doesn't want to be a lawyer.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Fri May 07, 2010 11:58 am

MC Southstar wrote:
mrm2083 wrote:I think JD/MBAs are awesome and would definitely get one if it weren't for the fact that I'm strait out of undergrad and can't get into Wharton MBA, too bad you can't backdoor through Penn law. Anyways, my goal is to do corporate law and move into a leadership position at fortune 500 (say whatever you guys want but I know a few people who have done it). I spoke to someone who is a JD and holds an extremely high positing, just short of CEO, at one of the largest companies in the world and he told me JD/MBA = amazing for the business world. A lot of people here say JD for business is worthless but if you like law and either already have a business background or want a JD/MBA I think it's a great asset and many people who I would love to be like have told me that.

Wonder if the Wharton certificate means anything.

From what I hear it means a decent talking point on your resume. So, not completely worthless as long as you're selling it to the right people (read: not banking/consulting/PE).

mrm2083

Postby mrm2083 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:20 pm

I'm planning on getting the Wharton certificate and everyone I have talked to in the business world thinks its awesome. I agree that if you want to go to new york and get into a hedge fun/i banking etc its probably useless. But if you want to do corporate law I'm sure its a nice soft and anything you do with business it will be a plus to have the Wharton name on your resume.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”