UConn vs Brooklyn

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
milinef

UConn vs Brooklyn

Postby milinef » Tue May 04, 2010 9:43 am

i'm having a difficult time choosing between uconn and brooklyn. both schools are giving me no grants/scholarships- i'm from the new york area so i'd like to stay if possible, and i feel as though brooklyn would give me better career opportunities within NY than uconn could possibly. plus, as far as quality of life is concerned, the hartford area around uconn campus was a little on the sketchy side, while i fell in love with the area surrounding brooklyn's campus. any advice? thanks guys.

kalvano

Re: UConn vs Brooklyn

Postby kalvano » Tue May 04, 2010 1:11 pm

milinef wrote:i'm from the new york area so i'd like to stay if possible, and i feel as though brooklyn would give me better career opportunities within NY than uconn could

milinef wrote:as far as quality of life is concerned, the hartford area around uconn campus was a little on the sketchy side, while i fell in love with the area surrounding brooklyn's campus

You answered your own question.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Tue May 04, 2010 1:26 pm

What are your numbers? BLS at sticker is a bad idea ITE. Could you re-take the LSAT and possibly get Fordham or money at BLS. If possible, I think that is your best bet. Don't go to UConn if you won't be happy there, but if these are the options, UConn will give you better career opportunities. They just won't be in NY.

Informative

Postby Informative » Wed May 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Brooklyn if you want NYC. UConn if you want CT.

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 pm

If you know you want to be in New York City, you might be better off with Brooklyn Law School.
Otherwise UConn. Overall, UConn>Brooklyn.

Informative

Postby Informative » Thu May 06, 2010 12:17 pm

In all honesty, I would go with whichever school is cheapest. You don't want to spend too much on either degree.

The Invisible Man

Postby The Invisible Man » Thu May 06, 2010 12:22 pm

Informative wrote:Brooklyn if you want NYC. UConn if you want CT.

daddymike

Postby daddymike » Fri May 07, 2010 12:05 am

The Invisible Man wrote:
Informative wrote:Brooklyn if you want NYC. UConn if you want CT.

TITCR. U Conn has "sister state" tuition, which would be 75% of oos tution first-year, and in-state 2nd and 3rd, correct? If that's the case then the choice s easy...

Mr. Pablo

Postby Mr. Pablo » Fri May 07, 2010 12:22 am

FWIW, I had a similar choice but with money at both schools- in the end they would have cost roughly the same. I chose BLS because I want to live in NYC. I don't know that I would have taken BLS at sticker, it's an awful gamble as is. If you are comfortable with living in CT/central NE, then I might go with UCONN, but if you really want to live in NYC then BLS might be your best option. Being at the tippity top of either class will probably get you a paying job in NYC, but less than that at UCONN will probably eliminate you from NYC in any position (and maybe BLS, too). Shit, the more I think about it, the crazier I think I might be for going to LS at all. But I want it; you have to go with something.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”