UNC Law or Houston Law Center

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
el jefe

UNC Law or Houston Law Center

Postby el jefe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm a Texas resident who doesn't really care about where I end up working when I graduate. However, I would love a chance at big law (I know both aren't the best for this, but these are my choices now). Both are sticker making them basically the same price from what I understand. I guess I just want to know which YOU would go to given the economic status in hopes of landing a decent job coming out in 3 years.

Thanks
Last edited by el jefe on Mon May 03, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

merichard87

Re: UNC Law or Houston Law Center

Postby merichard87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:57 pm

Houston, its a bigger market and is the best school in that market (other than UT which dominates Texas as a whole)

el jefe

Postby el jefe » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:02 pm

merichard87 wrote:Houston, its a bigger market and is the best school in that market (other than UT which dominates Texas as a whole)

Thank you for your input. Houston does clearly have the better market, its just I can't get over taking uofh over a T30.

Both schools are polling fairly close I see. I'm still at a lost on which to choose though. I have ties to neither houston nor to chapel hill. I realize that UNC is ranked far higher than uofh is, but their placement numbers don't seem to suggest anything significant enough for me to choose it clearly over Houston.

I suppose its sorta counter intuitive to choose a school strictly on name and rank right?

Idk, maybe I will just reapply next cycle. I am such a whiner, I know, but I guess I am just not too thrilled about either one.

Thanks for reading and polling

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:10 pm

If you don't want to go to either school, don't go.

What are your numbers? Is it feasible for you to re-take and try for UT or will your GPA shut you out no matter what?

el jefe

Postby el jefe » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:55 pm

keg411 wrote:If you don't want to go to either school, don't go.

What are your numbers? Is it feasible for you to re-take and try for UT or will your GPA shut you out no matter what?

Yea I am seriously considering taking this year off now. I will just retake the LSAT in June.
Last edited by el jefe on Mon May 03, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:47 pm

If your self-discipline is currently that.bad, my suggestion is that you get a job and put law school on hold. Otherwise, you aren't going to do well in school no matter where you decide to go. Believe me when I say that working will very likely change your habits where it comes to self-discipline. You may be the type that needs to get out of the school environment for a few years.

Re-take down the road, and you should be in pretty good shape when you are ready for school.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”