UT In-state vs WUSTL ($) for tech law Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UT In-state vs WUSTL ($) for tech law

University of Texas (In State)
67%
WUSTL (Scholarship equal to UT in-state)
33%

Total votes: 12

mdtenor22

New

UT In-state vs WUSTL ($) for tech law

Post by mdtenor22 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Scholly offer from WUSTL makes cost basically identical to UT In-state when you figure in COL. I'm particularly interested in working in technology-related law, with no specific geographical preference post-law school other than where the best jobs are (with the exception of NYC). I've lived and worked in TX for several years and neither hate nor love it, but would be open to moving anywhere. Family close to both places, more friends in Austin. I felt equally welcomed in both places, although I have several personal contacts and acquaintances with UT law staff/faculty which portend well for the future.

Any thoughts or considerations would be greatly appreciated! Am I overthinking this? WUSTL was my first offer and my first law school visit so maybe I am over-romanticizing, but I did enjoy campus when I was there. Am I silly for even considering keeping WUSTL in the mix?

mdtenor22

New

Re: UT In-state vs WUSTL ($) for tech law

Post by mdtenor22 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:07 am

bumpity bump. Any reasons why, other than just voting?

yournamehere

New

Re: UT In-state vs WUSTL ($) for tech law

Post by yournamehere » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:35 am

For UT: Austin has a really strong high-technology industry that is growing. SxSW Interactive brings all kinds of technology entrepreneurs to the city every March. UT has a damn good business school and a damn good school of engineering.

I have no idea what St. Louis has to offer other than Anheuser-Busch.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”