Pacific-Mcgeroge v. University of San Francisco

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
scuzle

Pacific-Mcgeroge v. University of San Francisco

Postby scuzle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:39 pm

Would like to hear what you think? Same ranking, different areas. Listed median salary, if ture, are 70,000 and 95,000 respectively, but when taking into account the general areas they service and COL, they break pretty much even. I would like to xfer, but the relative chances of that are quite low, so what do you guys think?!

bconly

Re: Pacific-Mcgeroge v. University of San Francisco

Postby bconly » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:40 pm

IMO, its a matter of location. Personally, I'd much rather be at USF.

scuzle

Postby scuzle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:47 pm

bconly wrote:IMO, its a matter of location. Personally, I'd much rather be at USF.

Location is definitely better, however it being my alma mater and have lived in the bay area my whole life, a change might be welcome.

pomfiend

Postby pomfiend » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:44 pm

I don't know too much about McGeorge, but I have visited USF recently and I loved it. I met a bunch of current students and everyone seemed really happy with the school. I think these are both good schools, but I would personally pick USF for the location and quality of the school. Good luck with your decision. :)

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:38 pm

That's the exact question I had.

I LOVE USF's law buildings and I have lived in SF for over a year and love it (and the general Bay Area for about 6 more years).

For me, it came down to location preference versus money. USF only offered 1/3rd of what McGeorge did, plus the COL difference, made me sacrifice location for the next few years (school and maybe another few, depending on how things go).

scuzle

Postby scuzle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:That's the exact question I had.

I LOVE USF's law buildings and I have lived in SF for over a year and love it (and the general Bay Area for about 6 more years).

For me, it came down to location preference versus money. USF only offered 1/3rd of what McGeorge did, plus the COL difference, made me sacrifice location for the next few years (school and maybe another few, depending on how things go).

Same here, especially since I am going list price for both of them. USF is receiving a tiny bit of deffernce, however since it is my alma mater. But, the COL is really not beatable! Hope to see you at McGeorge if I go!

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:21 pm

scuzle wrote:
Great Satchmo wrote:That's the exact question I had.

Same here, especially since I am going list price for both of them. USF is receiving a tiny bit of deffernce, however since it is my alma mater. But, the COL is really not beatable! Hope to see you at McGeorge if I go!

If you're paying full tuition at both, then just go to the one that puts you where you want to be - Sacramento or San Francisco.

The COL is definitely a consideration, but you CAN live cheaply in San Francisco (I pay around $650 in rent for a decent place) and if I was paying full tuition at both, COL would not be nearly enough of a difference to make me go one way or the other.

scuzle

Postby scuzle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”