ITT Penn & Berkeley face off and you help me decide

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Penn or Berkeley?

Penn - $139k total debt
58%
Berkeley - $153k total debt
42%

Total votes: 119

fortissimo

Re: ITT Penn & Berkeley face off and you help me decide

Postby fortissimo » Tue May 04, 2010 9:27 am

worldtraveler wrote: If encountering a bum on the street who begs for a $1 and makes a stupid remark is so hard on your existence that you feel the need to bitch about it, then I really, really envy your easy existence. Just how much time do you spend wandering around the streets of Berkeley for this to be such a hindrance to enjoying your own life?

About 10 minutes, because this happens 3 to 5 times from different bums in a period of 10 minutes.

Postby 20160810 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:54 pm

For what it's worth, I lived in Berkeley for 4 years, and the only people I ever saw going poop were fraternity members not homeless people.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Tue May 04, 2010 2:10 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:I want to live somewhere where everyone is wealthy so that I can pretend that our country doesn't leave mentally ill veterans on the street to die in their own filth!

Ever been to Salt Lake City? It's surreal. Could be your city...

Core

Postby Core » Sun May 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Thanks all. I'm going to go with Penn.

Georgiana

Postby Georgiana » Sun May 09, 2010 1:29 pm

Core wrote:Thanks all. I'm going to go with Penn.

Yayyyy!! :lol:

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Sun May 09, 2010 2:31 pm

NayBoer wrote:The answer to OP depends on the preferred coast. In case of no clear preference, I'd give Berkeley the edge.

fortissimo wrote:I think some people from Sac-town consider themselves to be part of the general "Bay Area" or at least they talk about it when trying to up the region they live in.
Nope.

Bay Area is generally defined as the 9 counties around the Bay with Santa Cruz sometimes added on even though it isn't truly on the Bay. Sacramento is not Bay Area. I lived in Sacramento for a while, and now I live in Marin. They are worlds apart.

Yeah. I think some Sacramento-area people consider themselves part of the same region as the Bay Area as a general "NorCal" region. Indeed, Sacramento does have many things in common with the Bay Area that it does not have in common with the rest of the state. But overall Sacramento-Davis-Stockton is a different urban area with some similarities to the Bay Area rather than part of the Bay Area. (Much like, say, Mendocino County is in some ways similar to the Bay Area but is definitely not a part of it.)

Anyway, you already decided, but I was going to say Penn. Berkeley's great, too, but the two are so similar on most metrics that money is the main difference, and Berkeley is slightly more expensive.

Core

Postby Core » Sun May 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Georgiana wrote:
Core wrote:Thanks all. I'm going to go with Penn.

Yayyyy!! :lol:

Thanks. I hope I end up liking it as much as you do.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”