Seattle U v. Lewis and Clark Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lefty1982

New

Seattle U v. Lewis and Clark

Post by lefty1982 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:27 am

Hi,

I'm interested in practicing immigration law and would like to practice in the Northwest.

Right now, it looks like it's between Seattle U and L&C.

The costs for both schools are about the same.

I've been to Seattle and loved it. I haven't been to Portland, but I've heard good things. Thus, I could swing either way.

Which school should I choose?

akili

Gold

Re: Seattle U v. Lewis and Clark

Post by akili » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:42 am

I would say go with L&C if you visit and like it. L&C owns the Portland market and doesn't have the direct competition that Seattle U has in the form of UW. It depends on which school and city you like the best. If you want to work in Seattle, then Seattle U if definitely the best choice.

fsm2000

New

Re: Seattle U v. Lewis and Clark

Post by fsm2000 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:00 pm

i also was deciding between these two schools. i was slightly leaning towards L&C before i visited, but after ASD i immediately saw myself at SU rather than L&C. i can't quite put my finger on it, but the vibe i got and the interactions i had with current students did not sell me at all.

you should definitely visit L&C before deciding to go there. you should also compare the schools' specific immigration law programs. choosing SU was probably an easier decision for me, as i know i want to practice in Seattle. i also like how SU is adjacent to downtown, opposed to L&C being in a suburb.

good luck!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”