Northwestern ($$$) vs Duke ($)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which School?

Chicago ($30k)
16%
Northwestern ($135k)
56%
Duke ($67k)
18%
Michigan ($67k)
10%

Total votes: 82

im_blue

Re: Northwestern ($$$) vs Duke ($)

Postby im_blue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 pm

JSpitz wrote:I did a small, quick search based on the Vault Top 20 firms in Southern California (searching by school and by associates only) and found ~50 from Michigan; ~40 from Chicago (this one suprised me), ~25 from Duke, and ~25 from Northwestern (from a population of ~2,000) so nothing really seems to say go to a particular school based on CA placement. I realize there is probably 1,000+ things wrong with my search that will be pointed out but it really was done as a quick, "back of the napkin" sort of calculation.

Now take those numbers and normalize by the average number of grads that go to CA/West Coast each year, which should tell you that Chicago is miles ahead of the others on your list.

JollyGreenGiant

Re: Northwestern ($$$) vs Duke ($)

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:26 pm

im_blue wrote:
JSpitz wrote:I did a small, quick search based on the Vault Top 20 firms in Southern California (searching by school and by associates only) and found ~50 from Michigan; ~40 from Chicago (this one suprised me), ~25 from Duke, and ~25 from Northwestern (from a population of ~2,000) so nothing really seems to say go to a particular school based on CA placement. I realize there is probably 1,000+ things wrong with my search that will be pointed out but it really was done as a quick, "back of the napkin" sort of calculation.

Now take those numbers and normalize by the average number of grads that go to CA/West Coast each year, which should tell you that Chicago is miles ahead of the others on your list.

+1

Return to “Choosing a Law School”