UNL (93) @sticker vs U of S. Dakota (TTT) @in state sticker Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rosco

New

UNL (93) @sticker vs U of S. Dakota (TTT) @in state sticker

Post by rosco » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 pm

I've already made my choice here but I'm wondering what all you TLSers think about this one. I will stay in the midwest after grad possibly in SoDak. Is it worth double the debt for a ranked school when I want to stay in the region?

rosco

New

Re: UNL (93) @sticker vs U of S. Dakota (TTT) @in state sticker

Post by rosco » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:09 pm

So I wasn't expecting a crazy controversial debate over this one, but is there any other thoughts out there? Someone must have an opinion...

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 pm

rosco wrote:I've already made my choice here but I'm wondering what all you TLSers think about this one. I will stay in the midwest after grad possibly in SoDak. Is it worth double the debt for a ranked school when I want to stay in the region?
No, beyond the top 10 or so schools, schools become more regional. Past 30-40ish, and rankings rarely matter except when comparing schools within the same region/state/city. It would be asinine to go to a T2 school in a different state paying out of state sticker than attending a flagship state school in the state you want to practice paying in-state tuition.

DerrickRose

Silver

Post by DerrickRose » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:02 pm

If you wanna work at a good SD firm like Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln, you had better go to USD. You wouldn't want to end up doing Black Hills shitlaw.

/stupid jokes

jms1987

Bronze

Post by jms1987 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:32 pm

DerrickRose wrote:If you wanna work at a good SD firm like Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln, you had better go to USD. You wouldn't want to end up doing Black Hills shitlaw.

/stupid jokes
nice :lol:

bigben

Silver

Post by bigben » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:42 pm

f0bolous wrote:
rosco wrote:I've already made my choice here but I'm wondering what all you TLSers think about this one. I will stay in the midwest after grad possibly in SoDak. Is it worth double the debt for a ranked school when I want to stay in the region?
No, beyond the top 10 or so schools, schools become more regional. Past 30-40ish, and rankings rarely matter except when comparing schools within the same region/state/city. It would be asinine to go to a T2 school in a different state paying out of state sticker than attending a flagship state school in the state you want to practice paying in-state tuition.
This.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”