Where did you draw the line for sticker?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Where did you draw the line for sticker?

Postby Grizz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:53 pm

dibs wrote:
TL;DR, probably a lame rant anyways.


i have no vested interested in this debate other than my own entertainment. really just lurking.

however, when prospective law students claim "tl;dr" as a method of dismissing something, doesn't that strike you as fairly ironic? aren't you going to be spending 3 years reading as much as humanly possible in order to effectively understand and assess differing sides of an argument?

i find it funny.


Law and cases =/= your disjointed ramblings. HTH.

User avatar
dibs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Where did you draw the line for sticker?

Postby dibs » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:35 am

rad law wrote:
dibs wrote:
TL;DR, probably a lame rant anyways.


i have no vested interested in this debate other than my own entertainment. really just lurking.

however, when prospective law students claim "tl;dr" as a method of dismissing something, doesn't that strike you as fairly ironic? aren't you going to be spending 3 years reading as much as humanly possible in order to effectively understand and assess differing sides of an argument?

i find it funny.


Law and cases =/= your disjointed ramblings. HTH.


"my" disjointed ramblings? this is my first post in this thread and it is far from disjointed rambling. the point, which you seem to have so arrogantly missed, is that he dismissed an argument and insulted it without even reading it. it's counter-intuitive to how someone aspiring for law school should act. be it law and cases or a forum debate, if you want to comment, and especially if you want to be snide, you should take the time to actually read what you're judging.

HTH, asshole.

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Where did you draw the line for sticker?

Postby clintonius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:30 am

Looks like somebody developed a vested interest, after all.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Where did you draw the line for sticker?

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:41 am

clintonius wrote:Looks like somebody developed a vested interest, after all.


Ooh! Is it me?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Where did you draw the line for sticker?

Postby Grizz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:18 pm

dibs wrote:"my" disjointed ramblings? this is my first post in this thread and it is far from disjointed rambling. the point, which you seem to have so arrogantly missed, is that he dismissed an argument and insulted it without even reading it. it's counter-intuitive to how someone aspiring for law school should act. be it law and cases or a forum debate, if you want to comment, and especially if you want to be snide, you should take the time to actually read what you're judging.

HTH, asshole.


I skimmed it. It came off as arrogant, incoherent, and not well thought out. Reading the rest wasn't worth my time. Hence, TL;DR. This is the internet, not law school. Thanks to the fact that this is the internet, I don't have to give a shit about what you say, because unlike law school readings, it in all likelihood doesn't matter. Trying to draw parallels between your post and case law is frankly ludicrous.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: iluvlawschool, sdancer89, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests