Avoid UMich

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mcdad

Re: Avoid UMich

Postby mcdad » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:43 am

TITCR
(referring to Renzo's post on page 4)

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:50 am

ihurtmyselftoday wrote:
Ragged wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Ragged wrote:Blantant anti GULC trolling in the OP.

tbf, "my school is awful, but at least not as awful as GULC" is a pretty common sentiment among students in the T12.

I love TLS for statements like that. Sure thats a well respected university that so many would be thrilled to attend but from where I'm sitting its a piece of shit.

Lolz @ statement after seeing your LSN profile.

Not sure what you mean by that, but ok.

doinmybest

Postby doinmybest » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:51 am

If this is the way OCS is at every school, why is the OP suggesting we pick another school? OP, for those of us that just put down a $300 deposit at Michigan, and are getting ready to pay over 100K in tuition... please tell us what happened.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:59 am

ITT OP screams "FIRE" in a crowded room and everyone proceeds to freak the eff out. Also, who wants to start a pool on what page number this thread is going to hit before the OP responds?

miamiman

Postby miamiman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:05 am

cardinalandgold wrote:ITT OP screams "FIRE" in a crowded room and everyone proceeds to freak the eff out. Also, who wants to start a pool on what page number this thread is going to hit before the OP responds?

The lifecycle of TLS:

(1) OP raises valid objections. (2) Those objections are incongruous with the collective opinion of this forum. (3) Forum members discredit OP and his objections. (4) Forum returns to state of equilibrium.

JRMjr

Postby JRMjr » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:09 am

one person questions Michigans career services and then drops out of law school. from this we know:

-they probably struggled with the job hunt (and its clearly all UM's fault since the the schools job to get the student post-grad employment.)
-continuing your education (which OP prob sunk at least 3 semesters worth of $$ into) is useless.

Great points! another amusing but totally worthless TLS rant.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:10 am

JRMjr wrote:one person questions Michigans career services and then drops out of law school. from this we know:

-they probably struggled with the job hunt (and its clearly all UM's fault since the the schools job to get the student post-grad employment.)
-continuing your education (which OP prob sunk at least 3 semesters worth of $$ into) is useless.

Without knowing more information, those are some pretty presumptuous conclusions.

ihurtmyselftoday

Postby ihurtmyselftoday » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:11 am

Ragged wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

tbf, "my school is awful, but at least not as awful as GULC" is a pretty common sentiment among students in the T12.

I love TLS for statements like that. Sure thats a well respected university that so many would be thrilled to attend but from where I'm sitting its a piece of shit.

It would seem, based on the schools you chose to apply to, that you've been drinking the T12 Kool-Aid too. So I don't really get why you think you're in a position to comment on the OP's exclusion of GULC as a school he would have gone to instead of UMich.

..But you may have a very good reason why "from where your sitting, Georgetown is a piece of shit."

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:12 am

I turned down Michigan because I hated Ann Arbor, but now this just makes me feel even better.

+1000 on wanting to know some details, though. I figure that what OP has to say can help people in any school.

JRMjr

Postby JRMjr » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:12 am

GeePee wrote:
JRMjr wrote:one person questions Michigans career services and then drops out of law school. from this we know:

Without knowing more information, those are some pretty presumptuous conclusions.

great points = sarcastic

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:33 am

Perhaps his account was hacked by a friend.

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN49TFUz ... r_embedded

At least we're 0Ls now. I'm looking forward to my hordes of 2 and 3L facebook friends.

Reinhardt

Postby Reinhardt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:42 am

I've heard people say the same about Chicago, and also heard people say the exact opposite about both schools. Take everything with numerous grains of salt.

Unemployed

Postby Unemployed » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:49 am

Ragged wrote:
ihurtmyselftoday wrote:
Ragged wrote:I love TLS for statements like that. Sure thats a well respected university that so many would be thrilled to attend but from where I'm sitting its a piece of shit.

I think he missed the sarcasm.

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:I turned down Michigan because I hated Ann Arbor, but now this just makes me feel even better.

+1000 on wanting to know some details, though. I figure that what OP has to say can help people in any school.

You ended up turning down Michigan? I did too, lol. Not that employment prospects are going to be better at my school, but at least I saved a butt load of cash [and my soul from the depression that is the state of Michigan] in the process.

I want OP to return (though this could be a joke/hack, etc) just to get details.

OCI can't get you everything, nor should CS be expected to give you a job. However, shelling over $200k should buy you some good advice and a committed team to support and guide you as you search for a job.

ihurtmyselftoday

Postby ihurtmyselftoday » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:26 pm

Unemployed wrote:
Ragged wrote:
ihurtmyselftoday wrote:
Ragged wrote:I love TLS for statements like that. Sure thats a well respected university that so many would be thrilled to attend but from where I'm sitting its a piece of shit.

[strike]I think he missed the sarcasm[/strike].

Wrong. I was pointing out the irony in the fact that a statement that was intended to be sarcarstic actually reflects Ragged's genuine sentitment.

If you look at his LSN profile he applied to virtually every T14 except Yale, Cornell, and GULC. "T12 or bust".
Last edited by ihurtmyselftoday on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:28 pm

JRMjr wrote:
GeePee wrote:

great points = sarcastic

That wasn't the part to which I was referring.

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:30 pm

beesknees wrote:
Kiersten1985 wrote:I turned down Michigan because I hated Ann Arbor, but now this just makes me feel even better.

You ended up turning down Michigan? I did too, lol. Not that employment prospects are going to be better at my school, but at least I saved a butt load of cash [and my soul from the depression that is the state of Michigan] in the process.

I want OP to return (though this could be a joke/hack, etc) just to get details.

OCI can't get you everything, nor should CS be expected to give you a job. However, shelling over $200k should buy you some good advice and a committed team to support and guide you as you search for a job.

Yup! Taking the cash from a more regional school in the region I want to live in anyway. Pretty excited and relieved to only ask for a much smaller amount of loans each semester. :D Especially since I feel like the prospects in my hometown will be just as good as they would be from Michigan.

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:56 pm

OBLOMOV!!!

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:54 pm

ihurtmyselftoday wrote:
Ragged wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

It would seem, based on the schools you chose to apply to, that you've been drinking the T12 Kool-Aid too. So I don't really get why you think you're in a position to comment on the OP's exclusion of GULC as a school he would have gone to instead of UMich.

..But you may have a very good reason why "from where your sitting, Georgetown is a piece of shit."

I wasn't saying that I think its a piece of shit, just that its a common TLS sentiment and that I find such elitist notions humorous. Maybe I was not clear about that. To me it doesn't really matter if its T14 or T12, since it doesn't change the fact that CG are infirior to BMVPND.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:01 pm

ihurtmyselftoday wrote:It would seem, based on the schools you chose to apply to, that you've been drinking the T12 Kool-Aid too. So I don't really get why you think you're in a position to comment on the OP's exclusion of GULC as a school he would have gone to instead of UMich.

This T-12 hullaballoo is quiet stupid (though I do approve of anything that undermines T14)

it's fairly obvious that there isn't such a large disparity between 12 and 13... the reason people are doing this is because they think that because in reality there isn't such a small difference between 14 and 15 ish (say Vandy, UCLA, Texas, USC) that there is no T-14...

I'd argue that there may not be a T-14 but instead there is a T-18-20... within that larger category only SYH is significantly distinct.
Last edited by Borhas on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:03 pm

Borhas wrote:
ihurtmyselftoday wrote:It would seem, based on the schools you chose to apply to, that you've been drinking the T12 Kool-Aid too. So I don't really get why you think you're in a position to comment on the OP's exclusion of GULC as a school he would have gone to instead of UMich.

This T-12 hullaballoo is quiet stupid (though I do approve of anything that undermines T14)

it's fairly obvious that there isn't such a large disparity between 12 and 13... the reason people are doing this is because they think that because in reality there isn't such a small difference between 14 and 15 ish (say Vandy, UCLA, Texas, USC) that there is no T-14...

I'd argue that there may not be a T-14 but instead there is a T-18-20... within that larger category only HYS is significantly distinct.

INCOMING!

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Borhas wrote:This T-12 hullaballoo is quiet stupid (though I do approve of anything that undermines T14)

it's fairly obvious that there isn't such a large disparity between 12 and 13...

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 pm

holydonkey wrote:
Borhas wrote:This T-12 hullaballoo is quiet stupid (though I do approve of anything that undermines T14)

it's fairly obvious that there isn't such a large disparity between 12 and 13...

That picture is scientifically accurate, didn't you know?

DerrickRose

Postby DerrickRose » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:45 pm

Always Credited wrote:
holydonkey wrote:

That picture is scientifically accurate, didn't you know?

Its not perfect, but in terms of condensing years of TLS conventional wisdom into a small banner image, its pretty amazing.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”