BU v. WashU v GWU- HELP

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lawschoolorbust10

BU v. WashU v GWU- HELP

Postby lawschoolorbust10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:17 am

I have roughly the same financial package from all three schools and am very confused about which one would be best for me.
Although I am not 100% sure about where I would like to work after law school, I am very interested in ending up in Chicago (which makes me feel perhaps WashU would be the best choice?)

However from what I have read BU and GW have better national reputations and on the off chance that I want to work in a city other than Chicago it would be better for me?

I am very confused, all three schools seem to have something different to offer:
WashU: Proximity to Chicago/Clinics/Facilities
Boston U: City of Boston/Professors/Job Placement
GWU: Location/Clerking Opportunities/Prestige?

Any advice would be welcomed and please don't hesitate to correct me if I am misinformed about something I wrote above.

FuManChusco

Re: BU v. WashU v GWU- HELP

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:24 am

This is dependent on where you want to work. Unfortunately WUSTL doesn't place all that well in Chicago. I'd personally take BU, as it places well into its respective market and the COL isn't nearly as outrageous as DC. Did you apply to NU or UIUC. Those would have made more sense for Chi town.

lawschoolorbust10

Re: BU v. WashU v GWU- HELP

Postby lawschoolorbust10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks for the input FuMan
It's interesting you say that because I have read that Wustl places very well in Chicago (obviously behind chicago schools).-however i do not doubt that I am wrong
I guess I want to find the school that gives me the most options to get the Job I want, where I want (regardless of whether that is in Chicago or NY etc...)

Return to “Choosing a Law School”