So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jrock12
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby jrock12 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:48 pm

romothesavior wrote:
jrock12 wrote:i love how he also references GW as a 15-20 school, and then totaly opens up the band to make fordham a 30-40 school


Best of all, he references GW as a 15-20 school, but opened the thread by discussing how it was a lowly 28 last year. Apparently GW drastically improved as a school in the last 12 months!


LOL

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Because they slashed their PT program and manipulated the rankings, you dumbass.


What's important here is that romothenublet said it is so, and unless we accept that, we're essentially going to be labeled an insult among a variety of insults by the guy who complains about ad hominem attacks.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:54 pm

and you are a douchebag that nobody likes!


Btw, another unrepresentative sample error. Someone didn't study hard enough.

I can imagine the news clip a few years from now, "angry lawyer strangles judge after his client is found guilty." lol

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7241
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby beach_terror » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:57 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Forget law school, you should work for Fox News! You are great at manipulating quotes, you're detached from reality, and you are a douchebag that nobody likes! Congratulations!


+1. I lol'd

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby Always Credited » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:58 pm

romothesavior wrote:you are a douchebag


This part is undeniably true.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:59 pm

GermX wrote:
Because they slashed their PT program and manipulated the rankings, you dumbass.


What's important here is that romothenublet said it is so, and unless we accept that, we're essentially going to be labeled an insult among a variety of insults by the guy who complains about ad hominem attacks.


Are you even remotely familiar with the rankings and how they work? They include things like expenditures per student and completely absurd employment data (such as Duke reporting 100% employment or Boalt's employment being higher ITE than pre-ITE). The rankings are a ROUGH GUIDE. They are not gospel, and every attorney I have talked to has said so.

Schools regularly bounce around back and forth, especially once you get outside the T20 or so. Picking a school based primarily on the ranking is retarded. Seriously, look at old rankings if you don't believe me. Ask other posters are these boards. Read Brian Leiter's blog. Ask attorneys. Ask adcomms and CSOs. I would wager my law school tuition that they will all agree with me.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Always Credited wrote:
romothesavior wrote:you are a douchebag


This part is undeniably true.


AC, you're going to GW aren't you? My condolances...

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:02 pm

The problem here is that I didn't even pick the school based completely on rankings. Rankings was a factor. If rankings didn't matter to me, I would have applied to Pepperdine and saved myself the time and money and enjoyed Malibu views and pussy.

GW Law appeals to me in a number of ways--strong IP program, strong IR program, excellent location, friendly and helpful admissions committee, close to Supreme Court/White House/State Department etc..., great employment statistics in NLJ250 and it has portability, meaning I could get a job in a number of markets as opposed to Fordham's NYC exclusivity.

It's hilarious that you're still harping on the rankings aspect of it. Actually, GW jumping up in rankings and Fordham dropping in rankings did play a part in my decision because it only reinforced what I already believed, that GW>Fordham.

You are one angry person, aren't you, hehe?

User avatar
presh
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:00 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby presh » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:06 pm

GermX wrote:
Because they slashed their PT program and manipulated the rankings, you dumbass.


What's important here is that romothenublet said it is so, and unless we accept that, we're essentially going to be labeled an insult among a variety of insults by the guy who complains about ad hominem attacks.


Look it's pretty clear the two of you have your big beef going on, and I don't care.

But it is pretty well accepted that GW choosing to cut its PT program bumped it significantly in the rankings. In fact, I think that Fordham has said that it is going to reduce the PT program for similar reasons. So that assertion is very much not simply "because he said so."

GW is a good school, and I hope you have a good time there next year.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:07 pm

GermX wrote:The problem here is that I didn't even pick the school based completely on rankings. Rankings was a factor. If rankings didn't matter to me, I would have applied to Pepperdine and saved myself the time and money and enjoyed Malibu views and pussy.

GW Law appeals to me in a number of ways--strong IP program, strong IR program, excellent location, friendly and helpful admissions committee, close to Supreme Court/White House/State Department etc..., great employment statistics in NLJ250 and it has portability, meaning I could get a job in a number of markets as opposed to Fordham's NYC exclusivity.

It's hilarious that you're still harping on the rankings aspect of it. Actually, GW jumping up in rankings and Fordham dropping in rankings did play a part in my decision because it only reinforced what I already believed, that GW>Fordham.

You are one angry person, aren't you, hehe?


This directly contradicts your first post. You said you were leaning towards Fordham but you changed your mind when the new rankings came out. You said taking Fordham over GWU would be "madness" considering how GW is rising and Fordham is falling. We called you out on how stupid this is, and you now are backtracking and coming up with other reasons for why you're making this choice.

FWIW, all the reasons you just listed are great reasons for choosing GW over Fordham. I would probably pick GW over Fordham as well, since I have no desire for NYC.

And actually no, I'm a very friendly and laid back person. I just can't stand people like you.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:07 pm

God, I love TLS.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:16 pm

You're an angry guy, romo. You'll make a hilarious lawyer, that's for sure. Just don't strangle the judge (or commit mass murder on the jury).

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:19 pm

GermX wrote:You're an angry guy, romo. You'll make a hilarious lawyer, that's for sure. Just don't strangle the judge (or commit mass murder on the jury).


And you're a terrible comedian.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:29 pm

At least I'm not aiming to be a comedian here, lol. What you just did is akin to Fox News calling Jon Stewart a terrible "social commentator/news giver" when, in truth, the guy isn't even trying to be. You, on the other hand, want to be a lawyer. And you're angry, disrespectful and intolerant to those who don't share your opinion. Not very lawyer-like qualities. Perhaps you should be the one joining Fox News, hehe.

User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby Blindmelon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm thinking of transferring to GW from BU....

BU fell SIGNIFICANTLY in the rankings. Its not even a T20 school anymore.

Anyone have any transfer info? I'm guessing top 10% to go from T25 to T20??????

btw, I want to work in Boston when I graduate.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Blindmelon wrote:I'm thinking of transferring to GW from BU....

BU fell SIGNIFICANTLY in the rankings. Its not even a T20 school anymore.

Anyone have any transfer info? I'm guessing top 10% to go from T25 to T20??????

btw, I want to work in Boston when I graduate.


180

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:35 pm

^ Utter fail at satire. 1) I'm not transferring and have no commitment to either school. 2) The rankings disparity from GW to Fordham is 14 spots, not a mere 5. 3) I'm interested in multiple markets, not just one.

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby OneKnight » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Blindmelon wrote:I'm thinking of transferring to GW from BU....

BU fell SIGNIFICANTLY in the rankings. Its not even a T20 school anymore.

Anyone have any transfer info? I'm guessing top 10% to go from T25 to T20??????

btw, I want to work in Boston when I graduate.


Hehe.

User avatar
T14_Scholly
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby T14_Scholly » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:38 pm

GermX will you at least acknowledge the backtracking you did in this thread?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:42 pm

T14_Scholly wrote:GermX will you at least acknowledge the backtracking you did in this thread?


+1. That's all I've really been advocating for. If you want GW because its higher in the rankings, you're making a mistake hehe! If you are picking GW for the reasons you mentioned a few posts ago, then I think you're making a good call hehe!

Hehehehe!

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:42 pm

:mrgreen:

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:48 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:God, I love TLS.


Still.

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby Always Credited » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:52 pm

romothesavior wrote:
T14_Scholly wrote:GermX will you at least acknowledge the backtracking you did in this thread?


+1. That's all I've really been advocating for. If you want GW because its higher in the rankings, you're making a mistake hehe! If you are picking GW for the reasons you mentioned a few posts ago, then I think you're making a good call hehe!

Hehehehe!

Image

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Always Credited wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
T14_Scholly wrote:GermX will you at least acknowledge the backtracking you did in this thread?


+1. That's all I've really been advocating for. If you want GW because its higher in the rankings, you're making a mistake hehe! If you are picking GW for the reasons you mentioned a few posts ago, then I think you're making a good call hehe!

Hehehehe!

Image


+100. That is one of the greatest South Park episodes ever. I almost pissed my pants when I saw that Mickey Mouse scene the first time.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:58 pm

You think THAT is the best South Park episode ever? *cough* Whose the delusional idiot now, hehehe?




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest