So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
hannah87

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Always Credited wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
tigrelis wrote:
hannah87 wrote:i'm glad you chose GW- good for you. though i would say that almost anyone who got into Fordham could have gotten into GW, or did get into GW. so we chose Fordham over GW. should I go start a thread??

while I don't necessarily lean either way, that's a rather big assumption to make.

i guess you're right- but i've seen people accepted to GW and WL at Fordham. i'll rescind :)

To be fair, Fordham's waitlist is MASSIVE. I was waitlisted at a 3.5/17x for months before getting my acceptance.

true. good point. they're a little weird like that. glad you got in!

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm

You complain about...

ad hom attack you just threw at all of us.

Then you say this.

You're a dipshit.

Then, after that, you tell me this:

you picked GW over Forham. And that was ridiculously dumb on your part.

Then you follow it with this:

Also, FWIW, I think your decision of GW over Fordham may be the right one.

Hypocrite and pro-fordturkey psycho?

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Someone's in denial, lol.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 pm

GermX wrote:Someone's in denial, lol.

About what? I don't like Fordham. Also don't like DC. I didn't apply to either GW or Fordham, and I have no horse in this race.

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:15 pm

^ Secret Fordham student. Why hide the shame?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:15 pm

GermX wrote:^ Secret Fordham student. Why hide the shame?

Okay, I thought maybe you were a flame earlier, but now it is certain.

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Btw, I don't see how this...

If you diss on Fordham, you become target #1 on the forums. A lot of people who couldn't make it to the T-14 seem to be grasping to their last hope (Fordham) and, already reeling from the raping they got from the UNSWR (which, now, is a "useless ranking system" because Fordham is not even T-30 anymore, what a blasphemous decision based completely on irrational factors and thought!!1111!!11), they're not going to let ANYONE fuck with their school.

...is equivalent to me saying "romothenublet is a pro-fordham nutty." Sounds like you're the only one making wild assumptions here. I specifically mentioned pro-Fordturkey trollers. In fact, I didn't even mention you specifically, and, more importantly, I forgot you existed until you showed up again with your contradictory and hypocritical statements.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:21 pm

GermX wrote:Btw, I don't see how this...

If you diss on Fordham, you become target #1 on the forums. A lot of people who couldn't make it to the T-14 seem to be grasping to their last hope (Fordham) and, already reeling from the raping they got from the UNSWR (which, now, is a "useless ranking system" because Fordham is not even T-30 anymore, what a blasphemous decision based completely on irrational factors and thought!!1111!!11), they're not going to let ANYONE fuck with their school.

...is equivalent to me saying "romothenublet is a pro-fordham nutty." Sounds like you're the only one making wild assumptions here. I specifically mentioned pro-Fordturkey trollers. In fact, I didn't even mention you specifically, and, more importantly, I forgot you existed until you showed up again with your contradictory and hypocritical statements.
To answer your question... you did it right here:

GermX wrote:Hypocrite and pro-fordturkey psycho?

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:23 pm

you will one day find it comical that you actually made this big of a deal arguing over the difference b/w a #20-something ranked school and and #20-30 something ranked school, especialy when both are pretty much regionals

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:24 pm

That was AFTER you made the accusation that I was lumping you specifically into the pro-fordham nutjobs group. You do understand the concept of chronology, don't you? Seriously, its kind of funny that you assumed that I even remembered you existed on this forum, roflmao. Someone has a big "self-importance" ego issue.

you will one day find it comical that you actually made this big of a deal arguing over the difference b/w a #20-something ranked school and and #20-30 something ranked school, especialy when both are pretty much regionals

GW- ranked #20 exactly.
Fordham- ranked #34.

The argument is over a school ranked #15-20 and a school ranked #30-40.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:27 pm

On page 7 of this thread chicoalto breaths a sigh of relief because GermX will be in DC and not NYC.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:28 pm

GermX wrote:

That was AFTER you made the accusation that I was lumping you specifically into the pro-fordham nutjobs group. You do understand the concept of chronology, don't you? Seriously, its kind of funny that you assumed that I even remembered you existed on this forum, roflmao. Someone has a big "self-importance" ego issue.

It is pretty clear that you were dismissing my comments (and the advice of every other person in this thread) because we are "pro-Fordham" or we are Fordham students or something. I took issue with you lumping all of us in together as pro-Fordham, because I clearly am not.

I'll be sure to look you up on JD Underground in a few years when you're bitching and moaning about not getting NYC biglaw after finishing in the bottom third at GWU.

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Look me up among the lawyers who already has a fuck load of money, a family business and a house in beverly hills. Perhaps one day you will be begging me for a job once you graduate from Fordham.

(lol)

Seriously, pull the stick out of your ass, I honestly don't care what you think.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:33 pm

GermX wrote:Look me up among the lawyers who already has a fuck load of money, a family business and a house in beverly hills. Perhaps one day you will be begging me for a job once you graduate from Fordham.

(lol)

Seriously, pull the stick out of your ass, I honestly don't care what you think.

Then why did you make this thread? You have 7 pages of people telling you what a moron you are. We must all just be clueless, right?

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:34 pm

GW- ranked #20 exactly.
Fordham- ranked #34.

The argument is over a school ranked #15-20 and a school ranked #30-40.[/quote]

more of a testament to what i'm saying. you are harping over nothing. the day you step into the doors of gw you will never look back to these *somewhat useless* rankings

also, if you think one or two years of GW jumping a few spots and fordham dropping a few spots is going to change your career prospects for NYC jobs, then you are greatly mistaken

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Then why did you make this thread? You have 7 pages of people telling you what a moron you are. We must all just be clueless, right?

I don't care what YOU think.

YOU are not everyone. Dude, the LSAT man. It taught you not to make generalizations based on an unrepresentative sample.

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:38 pm

GermX wrote:YOU are not everyone. Dude, the LSAT man.
Thank you for this.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:40 pm

One way to give closure to this thread:

1.) Get admitted to Cornell.

2.) Withdraw from GW.

3.) Find a nice gorge

4.) ???

5.) Profit

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:42 pm

RC fail. I just referenced the 7 pages of people. If I was the only person saying this, then you'd be right to ignore me. But I am including myself in a larger sample of people who all think you're a f*cking moron.

Nope. You're including yourself among the most vocal people on these forums who, like I said, are insanely persistent about trolling and attacking those who don't agree with them. Yet again, I need to reference the LSAT and mention the all-important "FALSE ASSUMPTION BASED ON AN UNREPRESENTATIVE SAMPLE" element of many of the exam's questions.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:42 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:One way to give closure to this thread:

1.) Get admitted to Cornell.

2.) Withdraw from GW.

3.) Find a nice gorge

4.) ???

5.) Profit

I'd gladly fill in 4.) for you. It involves a long fall followed by a loud thump and extreme self mutilation. Unfortunately, however, you wouldn't be able to profit afterwards.

jrock12

Postby jrock12 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:43 pm

romothesavior wrote:
jrock12 wrote:

GW- ranked #20 exactly.
Fordham- ranked #34.

The argument is over a school ranked #15-20 and a school ranked #30-40.

more of a testament to what i'm saying. you are harping over nothing. the day you step into the doors of gw you will never look back to these *somewhat useless* rankings

also, if you think one or two years of GW jumping a few spots and fordham dropping a few spots is going to change your career prospects for NYC jobs, then you are greatly mistaken

jrock... you are arguing with a brick wall. This dude is stupider than the chair I'm sitting in.[/quote]

i love how he also references GW as a 15-20 school, and then totaly opens up the band to make fordham a 30-40 school

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 pm

I'd gladly fill in 4.) for you. It involves a long fall followed by a loud thump and extreme self mutilation. Unfortunately, however, you wouldn't be able to profit afterwards.

Is someone familiar with item #4? Maybe that's why you're so fucked in the head. I would pick a higher spot next time, buddy.
Last edited by GermX on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 pm

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me and I'm probably one of the most open-minded and generally friendly posters on TLS.

That's like Stalin saying "I have no problem with people disagreeing with me and I'm probably one of the most open-minded and generally friendly leaders on the planet".

You're hilariously good at contradicting yourself today, romothenublet.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 pm

jrock12 wrote:i love how he also references GW as a 15-20 school, and then totaly opens up the band to make fordham a 30-40 school

Best of all, he references GW as a 15-20 school, but opened the thread by discussing how it was a lowly 28 last year. Apparently GW drastically improved as a school in the last 12 months!

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Apparently it did, according to UNSWR. Why don't you call them and ask?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”