So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
T14_Scholly
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby T14_Scholly » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:49 pm

beach_terror wrote: it's tough to think that an entire group of people would misinterpret what you were saying. :roll:


lol

He does make these implicit assumptions that he contradicts in later posts.

User avatar
thedogship
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:30 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby thedogship » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Based on this thread, GW is in for a world of hurt next year.

shadu
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:17 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby shadu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:46 pm

GermX wrote:As for shadu, give me a break dude, you're an overly pessimistic loser who gets a high off of insulting others. Good luck at Fordturkey.

wat

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby Always Credited » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:58 pm

thedogship wrote:Based on this thread, GW is in for a world of hurt next year.


I'll be there to try and counterbalance Germx's retardation.

Unless he's just epically trolling everyone and is actually a cool, rational guy who will be well liked by the entire student body...but I doubt it.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:59 pm

8)

ToTransferOrNot
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:53 am

In this thread, some idiot pulls the "omg believe in yourself!" line.

Don't make me go on my "law school grading is luck, and I can prove it" diatribe again. I have even more proof about that now then I've had previously.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:55 am

lol how can people so pessimistic about law school and the legal system still actually want to be a part of it? Hehehe.

ToTransferOrNot
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:02 am

GermX wrote:lol how can people so pessimistic about law school and the legal system still actually want to be a part of it? Hehehe.


Oh, I don't know, come back and talk to us once you've actually been in law school.

FYI: 80% of the class thinks that, if they try really hard, they'll be in the top 10% of the class. [strike]20%[/strike] (probably closer to 50%, because having a grasp on reality actually does help with law school) of the top 10% of the class ends up coming from the 20% of the class that doesn't believe in the power of positive thinking, so you idiots have 5-8% left to fight over. Sucks for you guys.

Fark-o-vision
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby Fark-o-vision » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:34 am

George Washington is better than Fordham. Although New York may be an option now, George Washington gives you more options later.

It's like the guy who makes out with your ex, but you don't care. Fordham may take George Washington in New York, but STFW? George Washington is a (weak) national law school that opens up opportunities. I know eight attorneys and five are George Washington grads. All work in Los Angeles.

As a side note, I didn't even apply to GW because I couldn't get in. This may all be emo crushing.

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby PDaddy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:27 am

GermX wrote:^ Why Cornell over GW? Because Cornell= T-14=better placement in New York and even in D.C., IMO. You have to be kidding me. When you reach t-14 the rankings do matter. Only an idiot would state otherwise, sorry.


I am aware of that, but, forgive me; I thought factors like "fit", educational expoerience, geography (though OP does want to work in NY), etc mattered. I must have lost my head.

Cornell is not more national than GWU to a degree where OP should dismiss it out-of-hand if he gets into Cornell. I would pick Cornell over GWU, but because of factors beyond the rankings. That's my point. I don't think Cornell is necessarily a better school than GWU.

Fark-o-vision
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby Fark-o-vision » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:49 am

I think GW has better national stats than people give it credit for. Again, I think degree is really what we're arguing. The t14 are undoubtedly national (although I've yet to even hear of a Cornell grad this far West) and it seems like UCLA and Texas share that space. Vandy might also get in the mix. The t18-30 seem to be made up of regional powerhouses and quasi-national law schools. GW seems to fall into the latter.

Fordham guys are going to put me on blast for not including their 34th ranked rock of a school, so I will. BTW, I mean rock as in "sinks so fast you can hardly keep an eye on it." FTW.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby ryguy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:16 am

seespotrun wrote:GermX, congrats on getting into a great school and standing firm in your decision!

That being said, if you are as abrasive in real life as you are on the interwebs, you are going to be miserable no matter where you go to school.

hth,

seespotrun

You know you are a loser when everyone hates you before you even start law school.

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby umichgrad » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:57 am

Always Credited wrote:
thedogship wrote:Based on this thread, GW is in for a world of hurt next year.


I'll be there to try and counterbalance Germx's retardation.

Unless he's just epically trolling everyone and is actually a cool, rational guy who will be well liked by the entire student body...but I doubt it.



I'll be there too 8)

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:27 pm

You know you are a loser when everyone hates you before you even start law school.


False assumption based on unrepresentative sample. Pro-fordturkey's do not represent "everyone." Don't worry, I've gotten lots of private PMs from forumers here who are too afraid to let you guys know how irritating you all are (you're all trolling and yet, hilariously, accuse me of doing so in the process. But I digress...) because they know that you'll all gang up on them.

Oh, I don't know, come back and talk to us once you've actually been in law school.

FYI: 80% of the class thinks that, if they try really hard, they'll be in the top 10% of the class. 20% (probably closer to 50%, because having a grasp on reality actually does help with law school) of the top 10% of the class ends up coming from the 20% of the class that doesn't believe in the power of positive thinking, so you idiots have 5-8% left to fight over. Sucks for you guys.


False assumption, necessary/sufficient assumption. Nobody here said that being positive is sufficient in leading to law school success. It's not about believing in the power of positive thinking, its about using positive thinking in order to keep your eyes set on a certain goal which, although difficult to achieve, is obviously achieved by some--why not you?

Honestly, yet again I have to point out that you're clearly heading to law school with the mindset of "nah I can never succeed because it is all down to luck!11one1o11!!"

And if you've already begun law school, then you've probably failed utterly at busting into the top 20% and you're taking it out on here. Let go of the anger buddy...let go of the anger :roll:.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 pm

this thread makes me :lol: but also makes me sad. germX, what is your point?

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby clintonius » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:32 pm

Nobody knows, including him.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:33 pm

GermX wrote:
You know you are a loser when everyone hates you before you even start law school.


False assumption based on unrepresentative sample. Pro-fordturkey's do not represent "everyone." Don't worry, I've gotten lots of private PMs from forumers here who are too afraid to let you guys know how irritating you all are (you're all trolling and yet, hilariously, accuse me of doing so in the process. But I digress...) because they know that you'll all gang up on them.

Oh, I don't know, come back and talk to us once you've actually been in law school.

FYI: 80% of the class thinks that, if they try really hard, they'll be in the top 10% of the class. 20% (probably closer to 50%, because having a grasp on reality actually does help with law school) of the top 10% of the class ends up coming from the 20% of the class that doesn't believe in the power of positive thinking, so you idiots have 5-8% left to fight over. Sucks for you guys.


False assumption, necessary/sufficient assumption. Nobody here said that being positive is sufficient in leading to law school success. It's not about believing in the power of positive thinking, its about using positive thinking in order to keep your eyes set on a certain goal which, although difficult to achieve, is obviously achieved by some--why not you?

Honestly, yet again I have to point out that you're clearly heading to law school with the mindset of "nah I can never succeed because it is all down to luck!11one1o11!!"

And if you've already begun law school, then you've probably failed utterly at busting into the top 20% and you're taking it out on here. Let go of the anger buddy...let go of the anger :roll:.


Anyone who uses "LSAT speak" deserves to be hated, no matter what you scored on the test, since doing so makes you look like a douche.

And I just contributed to a thread that should be way past dead. LET IT DIE! The decision was made.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:33 pm

My point is that I chose GW Law over Fordham. Their point? If you diss on Fordham, you become target #1 on the forums. A lot of people who couldn't make it to the T-14 seem to be grasping to their last hope (Fordham) and, already reeling from the raping they got from the UNSWR (which, now, is a "useless ranking system" because Fordham is not even T-30 anymore, what a blasphemous decision based completely on irrational factors and thought!!1111!!11), they're not going to let ANYONE fuck with their school.

Which I guess, makes sense. Heh.

zanyventer
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby zanyventer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 pm

good job. fordham is a sh!thole. and why would you ever go to cornell? it is death.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Because I'm a rankings whore. Cornellia, I agree, is in a shithole town in the middle of nowhere, but hey, its rank is all that counts.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:44 pm

GermX wrote:My point is that I chose GW Law over Fordham. Their point? If you diss on Fordham, you become target #1 on the forums. A lot of people who couldn't make it to the T-14 seem to be grasping to their last hope (Fordham) and, already reeling from the raping they got from the UNSWR (which, now, is a "useless ranking system" because Fordham is not even T-30 anymore, what a blasphemous decision based completely on irrational factors and thought!!1111!!11), they're not going to let ANYONE fuck with their school.

Which I guess, makes sense. Heh.


i made it to the T-14 :twisted:

and i think you know very well that fordham's position in NY is set, irrespective of the rankings drop. what everyone is trying to say is that when it comes to Fordham (and most other solid regional schools), it doesn't matter how much the rankings change.

i'm glad you chose GW- good for you. though i would say that almost anyone who got into Fordham could have gotten into GW, or did get into GW. so we chose Fordham over GW. should I go start a thread??

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:46 pm

GermX wrote:My point is that I chose GW Law over Fordham. Their point? If you diss on Fordham, you become target #1 on the forums. A lot of people who couldn't make it to the T-14 seem to be grasping to their last hope (Fordham) and, already reeling from the raping they got from the UNSWR (which, now, is a "useless ranking system" because Fordham is not even T-30 anymore, what a blasphemous decision based completely on irrational factors and thought!!1111!!11), they're not going to let ANYONE fuck with their school.

Which I guess, makes sense. Heh.


Fordham is one of the best non-14 schools for NYC. GW is obv better for DC and has at least some portability, which Fordham really does not have. If you're only goal is NYC, then Fordham is prob the better choice. Many people initially thought that this is what you wanted, but it appears you are fine with working in DC or other locations. So GW makes sense. Both Fordham and GW have their flaws, but most schools do.

/thread.

tigrelis
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby tigrelis » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:58 pm

hannah87 wrote:i'm glad you chose GW- good for you. though i would say that almost anyone who got into Fordham could have gotten into GW, or did get into GW. so we chose Fordham over GW. should I go start a thread??

while I don't necessarily lean either way, that's a rather big assumption to make.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:01 pm

tigrelis wrote:
hannah87 wrote:i'm glad you chose GW- good for you. though i would say that almost anyone who got into Fordham could have gotten into GW, or did get into GW. so we chose Fordham over GW. should I go start a thread??

while I don't necessarily lean either way, that's a rather big assumption to make.


i guess you're right- but i've seen people accepted to GW and WL at Fordham. i'll rescind :)

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: So I chose GW Law over Fordham.

Postby Always Credited » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:12 pm

hannah87 wrote:
tigrelis wrote:
hannah87 wrote:i'm glad you chose GW- good for you. though i would say that almost anyone who got into Fordham could have gotten into GW, or did get into GW. so we chose Fordham over GW. should I go start a thread??

while I don't necessarily lean either way, that's a rather big assumption to make.


i guess you're right- but i've seen people accepted to GW and WL at Fordham. i'll rescind :)


To be fair, Fordham's waitlist is MASSIVE. I was waitlisted at a 3.5/17x for months before getting my acceptance.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests