Down to the wire - appreciate input!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What would you do?

SMU PT ($5k/yr)
50%
Chicago-Kent PT ($10k/yr with gpa req 3.2ish)
13%
Santa Clara PT ($1k/yr top 1/4 req)
13%
Temple PT (sticker)
13%
USD PT (pending)
13%

Total votes: 8

bass08

Down to the wire - appreciate input!

Postby bass08 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:30 pm

So, I've already deposited at SMU, and I think I'm making the right decision all things considered, but figured I'd get input from you all too.

Where would you choose (or would've chosen)?

SMU PT ($5k/yr - no strings)
Chicago-Kent PT ($10k/yr with gpa req 3.2ish)
Santa Clara PT ($1k/yr 1/4 req)
Temple PT (sticker)
USD PT (pending)

Main consideration is cost vs. job prospects, which is why I sort of have ruled out Kent and SCU. SCU's campus is beautiful, but I just don't think it's worth the money all things considered. Additionally, I ruled out Temple because I don't really care for Philly or the cold weather (another issue with Kent).

I am from California and have been out of undergrad for several years working.

I like California, but because my numbers are a bit too low for Davis/Hastings (I didn't apply), I don't necessarily think it's worth it to go to school in Northern California (where I'm from), especially with the economy in CA being particularly bad.

USD is attractive to me because of the location (not too far from home, nice city, would be happy living there long-term) and the school's many clinical programs and seemingly strong rep down in southern california. I'm not in, though, and there's probably a good chance that I won't be.

I've never been to Dallas, but it sounds like it's a great city, and SMU has a strong rep there. THe campus looks great, COL is low, and it would be fun to live in a new city.

I could go on and on about the pros and cons of the various schools and the regions where they are located, but I'd rather hear your thoughts :)

Redelicious

Re: Down to the wire - appreciate input!

Postby Redelicious » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Ask the BP crew. They answer all scenarios as a positive outlet to their accumulated sexual tension.

Redelicious

Postby Redelicious » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Redelicious wrote:Ask the BP crew. They answer all scenarios as a positive outlet to their accumulated sexual tension.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114750&start=600

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Seems like SMU would be the best of the bunch based solely on job prospects. I've no idea what their tuition/COA is, though.

Stringer Bell

Postby Stringer Bell » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:18 pm

Santa Clara has a 1k scholarship? On top of that there is a top 1/4 requirement to keep it? That is bizarre.

If the decision is between those options, I would go with SMU.

bass08

Postby bass08 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:Santa Clara has a 1k scholarship? On top of that there is a top 1/4 requirement to keep it? That is bizarre.

If the decision is between those options, I would go with SMU.

Yeah. I'm a little annoyed with SCU being stingy on me, but, to be fair, I attribute that to applying relatively late (early/mid January).

Return to “Choosing a Law School”