Ave Maria Scholarship offer with 24 hours left to accept? Go Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
TTH

Diamond

Re: Ave Maria Scholarship offer with 24 hours left to accept? Go

Post by TTH » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:07 pm

optimisticidiot wrote:Seriously, they won't consider political science or justice science coursework? I'm not completely sure about what my gpa was when I finished but perhaps I should consider graduate school first? There are some one year programs out there...
Your undergraduate GPA is still what matters. Graduate degrees are essentially a soft. A graduate degree + work experience can show maturity, but just as important as the softs is the time and distance you create from your low GPA. Also, I assume you wrote a GPA addendum since it seems like you came by your low GPA honestly.

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:50 am

Ave Maria law school is barely a legit law school. It is a bizzarro world. Seriously, do a google search and read some of the things that go on there.
It was bought and designed by the Domino's pizza guy. He is a undergrad drop out. He runs the school like his own personal fiefdom. He is a religious nut. His particular brand of nutiness is a very conservative Roman Catholicism.
The school was nearly dis-accredited two years ago.
The main campus was taken over by Cooley. They have had constant faculty retention problems because the owners do not respect their own contracts with professors.
In short, No one should go there. The school should be closed down. --LinkRemoved--

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:24 am

kevin261186 wrote:DO NOT GO TO AVE MARIA.

optimisticidiot

New

Post by optimisticidiot » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone...

I have decided to turn down ave maria, retake the lsat and hopefully get into the highest ranking school that I can.

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:14 pm

TITCR

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:24 pm

optimisticidiot wrote:Thanks for the advice everyone...

I have decided to turn down ave maria, retake the lsat and hopefully get into the highest ranking school that I can.
Head on over to the LSAT prep forum here if you're looking for advice on a study plan.

You don't have to spend a ton of money on a prep class, but you have to be prepared to put significant hours into self-study. It will pay dividends down the road if you are able to raise your score.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”