(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

For Southeast: WUSTL or W&L

Total votes: 38

Postby heyooo » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:56 pm

I’ll make this choice on my own, but I'll poll for fun.

I want to work in the south/southeast, and have narrowed my choices down to WUSTL or W&L with similar money.

I love the small, tight-knit environment of W&L, and think I would be a very good fit there (tho, I would be happy anywhere- small town or big city)… WUSTL is a great campus, seems to be “on the rise”, and students there, like W&L, seem genuinely happy. This is the main reason they are my top 2 choices.

If WUSTL were located in the SE I would probably be leaning that direction, but I’m concerned about WUSTL for South/SE employment. Basically, I just want the best shot at solid employment prospects in the SE. Please add comments to your vote if you have any. Thanks for reading.

Re: W&L vs. WUSTL

Postby TCScrutinizer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:34 pm

These are the wrong two schools for the SE, unless you consider NOVA SE. W&L probably better of the two, regionally speaking.

Postby autao » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:52 pm

For what its worth, I turned down WUSTL with a great scholarship offer because I was fearful of its placement options in the southeast. At the admitted students event I went to in February they seemed to consider the southeast their last frontier in terms of placement. They mentioned how they were trying to get more alums into Atlanta so they would have better connections in the south's legal market. So they consider it a weakness and are trying to better establish themselves in the south. I do love the school though, and think eventually it will be a player throughout the country.

Postby doezthewustl » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:38 am

Because W&L is in the South/SE, you'll have better odds of finding *a job* in the South/SE. WUSTL, however, does have an off-campus interview program in Atlanta in addition to OCI, so you'll have SE job opportunities too.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:01 am

For the southeast, it's W&L all the way. I would for it twice if I could. If fact I'm going to make an alt to do this.

Postby quadsixm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:23 am

Easy one for W&L. Given that they are in the region, they place exponentially better.

For the class of 2009, W&L placed 72/138, or 52%, in the South Atlantic, and 5/138, or 3.6%, in the East South Central:

WUSTL places 17% in the South Atlantic, and 3% in the East South Central.

Assuming that you want GA, FL, or the Carolinas, these are included in the South Atlantic category. It's not even close.

Postby stinkygreenshirt1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:25 am

Return to “Choosing a Law School”