Fordham ($) vs. Cardozo ($$$) vs. Univ. of Miami ($$)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lawbound77

Fordham ($) vs. Cardozo ($$$) vs. Univ. of Miami ($$)

Postby lawbound77 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Please help me decide. I am tired of losing sleep over this decision. Here are my choices:

University of Miami, offered $31K- tuition is $38K, but I live in Miami- so little housing costs.

Cardozo offered a full scholarship, now its just housing costs in NYC.

Fordham offered a partial scholarship, and a Fordham interest free loan- I would still need to borrow an additional $17,000 per year for tuition, plus housing in NYC.

Most important issue to me is the best place to go for the best job prospects.
I love the idea of working and living in NYC for a few years. I also think NYC has more opportunities than Miami.

Miami is definetly cheaper and easier since my family lives here, but I just don't have a good feeling about the job market for a decent salary in Miami. Any realistic thoughts about the job prospects in Miami?

Is NYC worth leaving my family for a few years for a chance at a better life? And if so, Fordham ($) or Cardozo ($$$)?

General Tso

Re: Fordham ($) vs. Cardozo ($$$) vs. Univ. of Miami ($$)

Postby General Tso » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:08 pm

Fordham

you should make a poll btw

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:09 pm

I personally would choose Fordham, but I am not tied to my current location. Fordham hands down will offer you the best job prospects out of those three. If you want to practice in Miami for sure after graduation then go with Miami.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:10 pm

That's really good money for Fordham, and IMO you should take it, unless you are absolutely sure you don't want a firm job. I would look into Miami's placement with the employers that interest you, because I don't know that market well, though there is always something to be said for minimizing debt. Fordham will certainly open the most doors for you, and if you want to be in NYC, this just makes good sense.

lawbound77

Postby lawbound77 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Princess Fordham- do you know anything about Cardozo? I feel that Cardozo grads will always compete with CLS, NYU and Fordham.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”