Tulane 30k vs Emory 18k Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Tulane 30k vs Emory 18k

Tulane 30k
29%
Emory 18k
71%

Total votes: 17

twintipping_bumps

Bronze

Tulane 30k vs Emory 18k

Post by twintipping_bumps » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:32 pm

I have until Monday to deposit at Emory. I made a seat deposit at Tulane yesterday. Emory had been my number one choice, but not I am liking the 60k less cost at Tulane.

My goal is to work in NYC or CA upon graduation, preferably somewhere in the Entertainment Industry. What do people think? Any thoughts would be great!

rando

Silver

Re: Tulane 30k vs Emory 18k

Post by rando » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:35 pm

twintipping_bumps wrote:I have until Monday to deposit at Emory. I made a seat deposit at Tulane yesterday. Emory had been my number one choice, but not I am liking the 60k less cost at Tulane.

My goal is to work in NYC or CA upon graduation, preferably somewhere in the Entertainment Industry. What do people think? Any thoughts would be great!
Why $60k difference? I'm reading $36k over 3 years...

If you want portability I would go to Emory. Especially for NYC, Emory actually places pretty well for a Southern school.

You will have to do very well at either to go national.

Edit: But the question should come down to where you want to be in the absence of doing fantastic and getting the job of your dreams. Atlanta vs. New Orleans.

twintipping_bumps

Bronze

Post by twintipping_bumps » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm

I actually listed the scholarship amounts per year. So it would cost me about 90k to attend Tulane and about 150k to attend Emory.

rando

Silver

Post by rando » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:43 pm

twintipping_bumps wrote:I actually listed the scholarship amounts per year. So it would cost me about 90k to attend Tulane and about 150k to attend Emory.

gotcha. I figured the cost of attendance was basically the same. I thought Tulane was as expensive as the rest.

My vote doesn't change though. I think Atlanta is a much more vibrant legal community if your entertainment law goals don't work out

eldizknee

Bronze

Post by eldizknee » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Last edited by eldizknee on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mattyboy7we

New

Post by mattyboy7we » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:14 pm

twintipping_bumps wrote:I have until Monday to deposit at Emory. I made a seat deposit at Tulane yesterday. Emory had been my number one choice, but not I am liking the 60k less cost at Tulane.

Well I'm biased to say Emory.. but I will back it up with some info

Emory 2008 employment stats
Pacific (CA, HI, AK)- 4.78%
Middle atlantic (NY, NJ, PA) - 22.48% (82.22% of that is in NY)

Tulane 2008 employment stats
Pacific- (AK, HI, CA, OR, WA)- 8.9%
Middle atlantic (NY, PA, NJ)- 13.1%

So to answer you question Emory places better on the east coast especially in NY, and Tulane places better on the west coast. However, these are only one year stats and this all can be affected by the economy, when you graduate, where you place in the class ect. so take it with a grain of salt.
Additionally, Emory has a Transactional Certificate Program (26 credits covering doctrinal courses, business courses, and skills courses) that would be good for someone considering entertainment law.

Hope that helps, good luck

twintipping_bumps

Bronze

Post by twintipping_bumps » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:40 pm

The Transactional Certificate Program does seem very interesting. That's a good point, thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”