Can my senioritis hurt me?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Cupidity

Can my senioritis hurt me?

Postby Cupidity » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:38 pm

I applied with a 3.87, a really nice GPA. However, the way my final semester of senior year is looking I might be getting 2a's2b's3c's for an outstanding 2.9 which will surely drop my gpa to 3.6....does it matter.

faceman9000

Re: Can my senioritis hurt me?

Postby faceman9000 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm quite certain that it doesn't...as long as you graduate. It seems that once you've been accepted to a school, they will not hunt you down for updated transcripts. Waitlists may be a different story...

edit: I am speaking only from knowledge of anecdotal evidence that I have gathered from current students at the school I will be attending, and stories I have seen on TLS.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:51 pm

assuming that you are not taking a gap year, then no... except possibly with waitlists

Bert

Postby Bert » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:02 pm

faceman9000 wrote:I'm quite certain that it doesn't...as long as you graduate. It seems that once you've been accepted to a school, they will not hunt you down for updated transcripts. Waitlists may be a different story...

edit: I am speaking only from knowledge of anecdotal evidence that I have gathered from current students at the school I will be attending, and stories I have seen on TLS.

I am pretty sure that as a condition of you matriculating to a certain school you are required to send the law school to which you matriculate an original official certified copy of your undergraduate transcript from your degree granting institution. As for the "hunting you down part", they won't hunt you down -- you need to give it to them or else. As for the it wont affect you part, I am not venturing a guess, but why risk it?

Bert

Postby Bert » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:05 pm

From the ABAs 2009-2010 Standards and Rules: Before an admitted student registers, or within a reasonable time thereafter, a law school shall have on file the student’s official transcript showing receipt of a bachelor’s degree, if any, and all academic work undertaken. “Offcial transcript” means a transcript certied by the issuing school to the admitting school or delivered to the admitting school in a sealed envelope with seal intact. A copy supplied by the Law School Data Assembly Service is not an official transcript, even though it is adequate for preliminary determination of admission.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 pm

It's not like a, "why risk it", it's going to happen at this point.

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:34 pm

I think as long as you graduate it should be fine, unless the school has specifically notified you that your offer of admission is contingent upon maintaining a specific GPA.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”