Help me choose! colorado, wake forest george mason Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which one?

Colorado-Boulder
47%
Wake Forest
44%
George Mason
9%

Total votes: 55

ozarkhack

Bronze

Re: Help me choose! colorado, wake forest george mason

Post by ozarkhack » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Fine. Fine. Unwad your panties.

So WF places a touch better than I thought in the most recent year (admittedly half-assed research). I still said it was a good school and acknowledged that my data was old. Thanks (sincerely) for sharing the new stuff. Good god.

CU will make for good job prospects. WF will make for good job prospects. OP: Pick based on where you want to live. You've got good options in good locations. That is all.

(Except: My point, however, remains. There are fewer in-state law schools (i.e., grads) for CU grads to compete with. Yes, the non-UNC/WF grads in NC aren't from good schools. But they are there, unlike in Colorado. And, as swheat mentioned, Denver probably pulls more T14ers than NC. Fine.)

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:36 am

ozarkhack wrote:Fine. Fine. Unwad your panties.

So WF places a touch better than I thought in the most recent year (admittedly half-assed research). I still said it was a good school and acknowledged that my data was old. Thanks (sincerely) for sharing the new stuff. Good god.

CU will make for good job prospects. WF will make for good job prospects. OP: Pick based on where you want to live. You've got good options in good locations. That is all.

(Except: My point, however, remains. There are fewer in-state law schools (i.e., grads) for CU grads to compete with. Yes, the non-UNC/WF grads in NC aren't from good schools. But they are there, unlike in Colorado. And, as swheat mentioned, Denver probably pulls more T14ers than NC. Fine.)
I can't unwad my panties.
They are wadded something awful.
Sorry... I'm trying...

vendetta2

New

Post by vendetta2 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:08 pm

bump. tryin to get more feedback. feel free to message me, too.

hithere

Bronze

Post by hithere » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:28 pm

I picked Wake because it has the lowest cost of living of the schools you listed.

vendetta2

New

Post by vendetta2 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:17 am

i realize the COL in W-S is cheaper, but I think CU would still be cheaper in the long run because I would be able to establish in-state residency for 2L and 3L and thus qualify for in-state tuition. So money-wise, CU is my best bet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

marshalltucker

New

Post by marshalltucker » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:13 pm

I've read a number of things on here about the gross oversaturation of lawyers in Colorado on here due to everyone wanting to live there. WFU on the other hand is a bit underrated and places pretty well throughout its region, I'd pick there by a decent margin. But honestly in the end its about where you want to live since they're so far apart.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”