USC/Vandy/UT/Waitlisted

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

HELP?!

Poll ended at Sat May 15, 2010 6:00 pm

USC
33%
Vanderbilt
44%
UT
11%
Wait for Harvard
11%
Wait for Duke
No votes
Wait for Michigan
No votes
Wait for Columbia
No votes

Total votes: 9

needadecision

USC/Vandy/UT/Waitlisted

Postby needadecision » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:00 pm

So...I really can't decide. I'm not from the states so I don't have a particular affiliation to any area...

I've been accepted at UT, USC and Vanderbilt.
Waitlisted at Duke, Michigan
Held at Harvard
Reserved at Columbia

Firstly, I have NO Idea where I want to go. And just to complicate my decision I have only received money from USC (45k), and if I don't withdraw from other offers by May 1st I will lose this money. Is it worth giving up the money?

Thoughts??

Great Satchmo

Re: USC/Vandy/UT/Waitlisted

Postby Great Satchmo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Well, I think the "wait" options are pointless, they are not foregone if you choose another school (unless it's a binding acceptance).

So wait for all of the schools regardless.

needadecision

Postby needadecision » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Oh, and still haven't heard back from UCLA or NYU

DOOM

Postby DOOM » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:Well, I think the "wait" options are pointless, they are not foregone if you choose another school (unless it's a binding acceptance).

So wait for all of the schools regardless.

yea, im pretty sure (but you should check this), you will only lose the USC scholarship if you are deposited at more than one school as of May 1st, the waitlists don't count.

You will need to decide between USC/Vandy/Texas by the 1st, but the rest you can keep hold out for.

I'd say USC with the $, since region doesnt seem to be a particular concern to you, but for anyone else this really would come down to California vs. Texas vs. Southeast (with Vandy maybe having the greatest reach in regional placement-Chicago/East Coast)

RhubarbPie

Postby RhubarbPie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:14 pm

needadecision wrote:So...I really can't decide. I'm not from the states so I don't have a particular affiliation to any area...

Held at Harvard
Reserved at Columbia

Firstly, I have NO Idea where I want to go. And just to complicate my decision I have only received money from USC (45k), and if I don't withdraw from other offers by May 1st I will lose this money. Is it worth giving up the money?

Thoughts??

It states on your USC scholarship letter that you have to withdraw from all other schools in order to accept their offer? Is it 45k a year or 45k in total for 3 years? If its 45k over 3 years, 15k a year probably wouldn't be enough for me to withdraw from all other schools (but I don't want to be in California at all). But perhaps if you love the idea of staying and working in California, and would have no regrets about not waiting for possible acceptances from schools that would be more portable upon graduation, then go for USC.

Borachio05

Postby Borachio05 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:31 pm

needadecision wrote:So...I really can't decide. I'm not from the states so I don't have a particular affiliation to any area...

Held at Harvard
Reserved at Columbia

Thoughts??

If you don't know where the hell you wanna practice, Vandy could be good because they place people everywhere.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”