FINAL: USF ($) vs. McGeorge ($$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

USF or McGeorge

USF ($26k)
29%
McGeorge ($75k)
71%

Total votes: 52

star10

New

Re: FINAL: USF ($) vs. McGeorge ($$)

Post by star10 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:13 pm

I'll be at McGeorge...I already put both deposits down!

Great Satchmo

Silver

Post by Great Satchmo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:58 pm

star10 wrote:I'm surprised by how many people are stuck in the USF vs McGeorge dilemma (esp with $ from McG and zip from USF). Definitely in that boat a few weeks ago.

I find it odd that while USF and McGeorge seem to be peer schools, McGeorge is WAAAAY more generous w/ $$$$$. I guess maybe USF is counting on people who are deadset on living in SF and maybe didn't get into Hastings?
I think that USF is generally just a more desirable location and school. They may allocate their scholarship money differently or maybe not have as much.

I'll be at McGeorge barring acceptances at either Davis or Hastings. I know that the cost of attending H/D may not entirely be worth it, but the idea of attending a UC for law school is one I guess I'm willing to pay for.

eth3n

Bronze

Post by eth3n » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:02 pm

There were 22% more applicants to Davis this year than normal, I am sure it will be worth riding out the waitlist for awhile as they deal with the chaos. Of course they are also notoriously slow in general when it comes to dealing with apps.

Great Satchmo

Silver

Post by Great Satchmo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:12 pm

eth3n wrote:There were 22% more applicants to Davis this year than normal, I am sure it will be worth riding out the waitlist for awhile as they deal with the chaos. Of course they are also notoriously slow in general when it comes to dealing with apps.
Wow, that's definitely a big surge.

I wonder if this is again the case where there is only a slight increase in the number of distinct applicants, but a large increase in the number of applications submitted per applicant?

Either way, I think I've figured out my plan, so I'll just proceed on the path to McGeorge, and if H/D come my way...well, all the better.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”