Willamette or University of Maine? Personal thoughts?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
talltaste

Willamette or University of Maine? Personal thoughts?

Postby talltaste » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:29 pm

I am in the middle of making a decision on which schools to attend. I have never been to Salem, OR and have heard great things about the school.
I have been to Portland,ME and think it is a wonderful town, yet I do not know much about the school.

I do not know what kind of law I would like to focus on, both schools seem very good. If anyone can give me some opinions about either school and/or town I would greatly appreciate it.

voice of reason

Re: Willamette or University of Maine? Personal thoughts?

Postby voice of reason » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:44 am

The choice between these schools depends entirely on whether you want to live in the pacific northwest or New England.

pdx1

Postby pdx1 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:25 am

Not much going on in salem, but its cheap, quiet and safe. Might be a nice place to go to school, but I'm from Portland OR and I'd never move there. Keep in mind that Willamette leaves your options pretty limited, even in Oregon- U of O and L&C fare much better. I've also heard that Willamette has a nasty forced attrition rate, but it was anecdotal from students, so you'll want to check that out for yourself. Good luck!

qualster

Postby qualster » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:53 am

talltaste wrote:I am in the middle of making a decision on which schools to attend. I have never been to Salem, OR and have heard great things about the school.
I have been to Portland,ME and think it is a wonderful town, yet I do not know much about the school.

I do not know what kind of law I would like to focus on, both schools seem very good. If anyone can give me some opinions about either school and/or town I would greatly appreciate it.

Maine

Return to “Choosing a Law School”